Halleluiah!!!!! Reattach Broken Drawing dims.

Sorry if that is an offensive religious reference to anyone. I am just so excited I just was able to drag a Broken drawing dim to the new correct edge
without having to add a new dim. 2004 sp3. Last time I had tried with no luck I don't remember how far back that was. Just wait, this might have been a freak occurance and SW will probably "Take Care" of it in the next release if you know what I mean.
Corey Scheich
UGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!! Why do I always have to be right!!!!(really I don't think I am always right I just hoped I was in this case and I was wrong please disregard these posts)
Sorry Corey

edge
Healthy skepticism :o)
I've always wondered why this is so difficult for SWX (and others?) to do, it sure would be nice (read: increase productivity) if you could just drag a dead end point to a new edge or vertex and have it re-recognize it. Simply rebuild the drawing, rather than reconstructing it.
Corey Scheich wrote:

it will work with ordinate but not linear dims...right?

it
dead
rebuild
think
Just like in AutoCAD. Just grab an endpoint of the dimension and place it on whatever line you want. I wish I could do this in a drawing file too.

it
dead
rebuild
I just came across a drawing that lost a few dims, on a whim I tried it, one dim line actually re-attached itself- it's endpoint lit up as my cursor got close, click, drop, waddyaknow. Didn't work on the dim right next to it though. Both were linear dims....
Richard Charney wrote:

Exactly what happened to me. I got all excited just to get blue balled again.

one dim

close,
Both
it on

do,
drag a

Dont fret.
It does work in B3 of 2005. They'll probably change it before it's released though
Corey Scheich wrote:

that's less than 24 hours away. :)

If I had a nickle for every time I heard that some problem would be fixed in the next release, next SP and so on I'd have a whole lot of nickles.
i've had moderate success with ordinate dims for quite some time.
i've always had success with ordinat and up until recently ( a few releases ago) with linear. Seems like it all started about the time swx's "selection" precision went to crap. it's like you have to be oh so close but not right on to select anything.

While I havent actually tried this, it seems in the API if you access the FeatureData for the specific feature, you can change referenced edges...