using an old drawing/redifining dimensions

Sometimes I use an old drawing for a modfied part (instead of starting the drawing from scratch). Some of the old dimensions are not defined because the part changed. Grabbing and redefining the dimension works eventually....... if the moon is right and the stars are aligned perfectly. It seems that if I keep grabbing it and moving it the dimension eventually sticks to the place I need it. If both sides of a dimension are undefined it gets even more difficult.

Any tips are appreciated.

2009 SP2.1
Reply to
dlevy