Flexible subassemblies

I would like to be able to move individual components of my subassembly within the top level assembly. My subassembly is an
actuator. I would like to be able to drive parts in my top level. When I try to set the actuator as flexibe the option is unavailable. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Any advise with flexible assemblies in general would also be helpful.

Is the actuator fully resolved? You can't make a lightweight subassembly flexible. I assume that the actuating portion is not fully mated, so that when you open the subassembly you can move it freely. Alternatively, you can create configs for the positions of your actuator, if you know what positions it needs to reach.
1. Components must be resolved 2. The degree of freedom you want to be flexible must not be constrained. 3. Flexible must be checked in all the subassemblies up to the top. 4. Once positioned with flexible it can be turned off and replaced with a mate if needed.
TOP