Perth Military Modeling Site Archive

Perth Military Modeling Site Complete Archive before Shut down

Links to Rapid Share 5 part archive

Part 1

Part 2
Part 3
Part 4
Part 5

<someone

Obviousman

Reply to
FalconGuy

wasn't me, different someone.

Reply to
someone

Reply to
Obviousman

Obviousman wrote the following:

You have to click on the 'Free User" box under the slower speed dial, then wait about 2 minutes while they intentionally slow down the download speed, then click on the Download button when the download is complete. I only got to the last step before I quit. Too much trouble for me. The OP should use another free web hosting site if he wants us to view the photos.

Reply to
willshak

Yes, I did all that but when I try to view the contents I'm getting all sorts of errors.

Reply to
Obviousman

What was used to zip this? Has anybody been able to unzip? I have tried winrar, winzip, pk zip reader and windows builtin

Reply to
FalconGuy

FalconGuy wrote in news:holta0$ts4$1 @speranza.aioe.org:

Winzip 7.0 opened it for me. However, I also have XP and I tried the Explore feature which lets you look at zip files with Explorer. Winzip opened it pretty quick but Explorer seemed to take a bit to load it. It's 20 MB so I'm not entirely sure if that's the issue or not, though if held at gunpoint and forced to bet that's how I would go.

I couldn't get the images to open from Explorer while still inside the zip file. Couldn't copy them out either. I wne tback and tried Winzip and got asn error while trying to extract one image. It appears there may be something wrong with the zip file. That or it was compressed by a much newer encoding that isn't backwards compatible. But not working in Explorer, I figure something is screwed with the file itself.

Reply to
Gray Ghost

That's what happened to me.

Could the orig> Winzip 7.0 opened it for me. However, I also have XP and I tried the Explore

Reply to
Obviousman

If you look at Terry Ashley's (who ran PMMS) blog,

he suggests that the site was "stolen" and the postings on Rapidshare are by those responsible. Therefore it's possible that this was done by people with little technical knowledge, hence the issues unzipping.

It appears that is a dispute at the root of this, but I am ignorant of the details.

mh

Reply to
Max Henry