Re: Newsgroups: what are they for?

Am I alone in feeling slightly peeved by posters who seldom, if ever
> contribute to the ng, but have sly digs at those who discuss their
> ideas, thoughts, and opinions here?
Not at all.
If you've been here a while you'll remember a lot of names.
Those folks are just as active as ever - elsewhere.
CTucker
NY
Reply to
Christian
What? On "Rec.Models.Railroad.and.Grumpy.Old.Men"? Never.
Just learn to use the Del Key, or filter, and feel sorry for those who have nothing intelligent to say about anything in life.
Even so, it annoys me too, because I have to spend the time to get rid of their chaf so I can read the seed.
Bill
Reply to
ZBendTrack
Why don't you try a forum? If the content of a discussion gets out of order, the moderator usually takes action. Greets, ZandPilooT
Reply to
ZandPilooT
When are you and "He who cannot be mentioned" going to fight another round? Y'all need a timekeeper to ring the bell.
..........F>
Reply to
froggy
LOL!
Good advice, this.
Cheers,
Mark.
Reply to
Mark Newton
Probably never, if I have anything to do with it.
But in all fairness, at least Terry contribute to the discussion, and a lot of what he posts is quite useful - yes, even I will acknowledge that.
Cheers,
Mark.
Reply to
Mark Newton
=>Am I alone in feeling slightly peeved by posters who seldom, if ever =>contribute to the ng, but have sly digs at those who discuss their =>ideas, thoughts, and opinions here? => =>Mark. =>
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
=>Am I alone in feeling slightly peeved by posters who seldom, if ever =>contribute to the ng, but have sly digs at those who discuss their =>ideas, thoughts, and opinions here? => =>Mark. =>
No, you're not alone, but that's what filters are for.... :-)
Reply to
Wolf Kirchmeir
They're not for sissies.
No likee, no clickee.
Texas Pete
Reply to
Pete Kerezman
I frequently post to rec.arts.movies.past-films and, in general, the tone is much more positive. There are few negative posts. Is it something about our hobby that attracts people who complain? Or, are they just more vocal here?
What are newsgroups for? In general, like the internet itself, instant information. Someone recently posted their happiness at being able to post a question and a few hours later receiving many answers.
CBix-it
Reply to
Charles Bix
No, it's not just this hobby. I see worse than this in the photography newsgroups, and some of the music artists related newsgroups.
Reply to
Slingblade