Electronics For 38MM Coupling Tube?

Any suggestions for an altimeter to fit inside a 38mm coupling tube.

Bill Eide NAR L2 TRA

Reply to
Bill Eide

I flew my Perfect Flite minialt/wd in a 38mm bay made out of loc coupler and two bulk heads with a #6 threaded rod holding the bulk heads together. it flew dual deploy to 6742 on an Ellis Mountian I-134 long Burn motor. It's only $99 It logs the whole flight and you can download the data.

If you only want to log the flight, the alt15k from perfect flight is only $69 and fits a BT-20 tube !

Art Upton

Reply to
ArtU

I did a LOC Legacy that housed a Adept ALTS2. Very tight fit but definetly doable. Perfectflight has a dual deployment alt thats even smaller than the ALTS2 that should fit like a breeze.

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

RDAS

Reply to
Geoff Huber

How high do you plan on going? (Some good altimeters only go to 15K, or 25K).

How much verticle room do you have?

Do you want the altimeter to do anything else? (Like fire a chute, or dual-deployment)

How much money do you have? ;)

IMHO, get a flight computer.

Is your rocket a Hybrid? (R-DAS used to have problems with Hybrids)

Reply to
Mark

25k on a 38mm with any reasonably expected AT or EX motors? Bah!
Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Ahhh... but it *could* be the third stage of a much bigger rocket, eh?

Reply to
Mark

That would be sweet indeed.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

The Missile Works RRC2 fits perfectly in a 38mm coupling tube. Their PDF instructions even give some guidelines about constructing such an electronics bay. Refer to:

Bruce Sexton

Exactly why I choose the RRC2. This way I have a modular Bay that can simply slip into any rocket that I build.

-- James Dean Cory, D.C. NAR 75296 L2 snipped-for-privacy@msn.com

Reply to
James Dean Cory, D.C.