Testors Decal software and sheets

Just picked up some Testors decal sheets for use with inkjet printers and software at Walmart. Anyone try this out yet. Apparently, you print it out and then spray some kind of fixative on the ink. These are waterslide type decals.

David Chen

Reply to
Davidhuifang

Sounds cool. What department are they found in?

Phil Ste>Just picked up some Testors decal sheets for use with inkjet printers and

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

I saw this a while back and posted the same question. It seems the stuff was universally disliked as being way too expensive for what you got.

Everyone seemed to point to Bel incorporated

I tried their stuff and was immensely satisfied.

Reply to
Al Gloer

I'm curious to know how the inkjet decal paper performs. Does one still need to apply a "fixative" over the decals when finished or are they a done deal once printed? tia... Stones

Reply to
stones

You must coat them with a "fixative" (I use Krylon Clear) before cutting out and soaking in water. Most (all?) inkjet inks are water soluble.

I've used both Bel and Experts Choice with excellent results on HP and Epson printers. You need to run some small test patterns at different paper types and ink density to find the best combination for your printer, ink and decal paper.

For those that use Future for clear coating (like me), put a light coat of Krylon Clear over the decals (on the rocket) before putting on a coat of Future. The Future can seep under the decal and desolve the outside edges of the design. Looks interesting, but probably not what you had in mind.

Bob Ellis

Reply to
Bob n Robin