Re: new testors decal kit

2 kinds of paper : clear and white. Both are usable with for example an HP Officejet (set to print on glossy photo paper). I still have to try the max resolution (fotoret option). Don't force the printer to use too much ink, but experiment. White paper has the advantage of good background for lighter colours, if you want to put them on a darker surface. But then you have a white surround or background to your decal, which you have to eliminate yourself. Clear paper does not have this drawback, but is mutatis mutandis more translucent : don't even try to make yellow decals for a dark surface : they won't even show. You need to spray on a fixative or coating on your artwork, to make them waterproof. There is a new type of paper, lazertran(.com), that claims to offer the possibility to make the white backing disappear by spraying a varnish over it. I'm sceptic, but maybe someone else on RMS can confirm whether it eally works. As for software, there seem to be many choices : I use MS Word for simple lettering (using the USAF Amarillo font), and now I'm learning to use Coreldraw 9 (a pain in the ..., but seems powerful). The last word has not been said : I wouldn't be surprised to see new technology evolve which would enable us to make waterproof decals with inkjets, and why not, print white (which is already possible with Alps and OKI printers, but that's another story)

Has anyone used the new testors decal making kit. I saw it in the local

> walmart and figured I would see if anyone has had luck with it. > > or > > Can anyone offer me some tips about making my own decals using my inkjet > printer? > > Thanks > Erik > > >
Reply to
pierre francois

Well, first let me tell you that when you buy it, you're going to be pissed when you get it home. It only has about 12-15 designs to choose from, and you cannot import your own stuff. BUT, for ANOTHER 9.99, you can DL an upgrade .............

Reply to
Bonerfied

Reply to
Don Stauffer