Creating water slide transfers.

Hi,

I have created some tram signs using Adobe. Is it possible to buy plain water slide paper so I can print and create my own transfers? Has anyone tried it?

Looking for some advice.

Regards.

Reply to
Nozza

Nozza, the Yahoo trams group snipped-for-privacy@yahoogroups.com has quite a bit of stuff in it's archives about water slide decals using supercal, jetcal etc with an inkjet printer.

Cheers Alex...

Reply to
Alex Nadalini

I've never tried the Supercal paper...I've been tempted to buy some, but haven't yet. Out of interest, how does this system handle the need for both transparent and white areas? Do you have to colour the background to match the surface it will be applied to?

Adrian

Reply to
Adrian

Try The Decal Paper Store PO BOX 1687 Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3TR

It's pricey (about £17 a pack) but the results are good and its best to fill up an A4 sheet with as many designs you can cram on before you print!

The results are good, but if you have access to a colour laser printer

-they're fantastic. Always try a paper proof before inserting the decal paper.

It takes a bit of practice, but the end results are worth it.

Good Luck! >Hi,

Reply to
GLANVILLE CARLETON

Apparently The Decal Paper Store (makers of JetCal) has been taken over by Lazertran - see

SuperCal is made in the USA and is expensive, even in N. America. They specify their own fixative spray, which is also expensive.

Check out

They are new, and I recently got some of their products. They are reasonably priced, and so far I am quite impressed. You can get both clear and white inkjet paper. They need several spray finish coats to waterproof, but you can use inexpensive acrylic varnish such as Krylon Crystal Clear.

See also Yahoo! group: rr-decal

Reply to
MartinS

Hi Adrian,

The only time I've tried the supercal was to decal a model road truck (Blue Circle cement tanker) I want to use on my layout when I get the layout built. It worked OK, but where I needed white numbers with a blue surround I made an outline decal which I laid down first, then infilled with white paint & then overlaid the final blue outline decal over the top - bit thick but it gave me the effect I was after. There is / was a photo of it on the rr-decals group. I didn't mention the rr-decals group because the tram group seems to be a larger user & have better documented their outcomes with inkjet waterslide decals. there has also been some mention of late of craftypaper? decal paper & how the decal changes couour depending on what is used to seal it with.

Hope this is of some use.

Cheers Alex from down under...

Reply to
Alex Nadalini

You might also try Fox Transfers who do various packages.

Reply to
Bob Hope