Numerical water slide transfers

Hi folks,

I'm coming to the end of a bit of a marathon kit bashing/customising session and to help finish off I need a fair amount of "numbers" (4mm scale), don't need any logos/coats of arms etc, all I'm after is straightforward numbers in black and white. Had thought of using letraset but the stuff is like hens teeth nowadays and ^^*&^()*^* expensive so I'm now looking for ordinary transfers.

Everything I've found so far comes as part of a set, such as the HMRS pressfix sheets and so forth.

Anyone give me any pointers to a supplier that produces sheets of just "numbers"?

TIA

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Try Modelmaster, Fox, and Cambridge, they have plain nos. as well as ready made wagon numbers for many kits.

Modelmaster Decals

Fox transfers

Cambridge Custom Transfers

Keith

Make friends in the hobby. Visit Garratt photos for the big steam lovers.

Reply to
Keith Norgrove

That's the one, I'd already tried Fox but was a bit unsure, more to the point I was also after some nameplates for some "freelance" industrial engines and modelmaster do the Jackson Evans plates, I've been to the site before but for the life of me I couldn't find it tonight.

Cheers,

Chris

Reply to
Chris Wilson

One option is a pen and some ink, Windsor and Newton white ink and a mapping pen, both sold by artists supply shops. Takes a bit of practice and you may need to try a few pens to get consistent results but from (ahem) 'normal viewing distance' the results are okay (if not a dose of weathering makes them much less visible, and they are very cheap

Reply to
Mike

That's something I hadn't thought of, as it happens I have a large collection of pens/nibs up at my parents place, I'm visiting them in October (I'm in Kent they're in Lancs) I'll see if I can dig them out.

There's nothing wrong with "stand off" modelling (my usual standard ), to be frank it's the de-facto standard for wargaming - well assuming your aren't playing those silly games workshop type games.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

Airfix Rules! - But I will never again 'do' napolionics, 300 tartan kilts. Nato/WP was my thing, although figures were a problem, things seem to have improved of late. I married a Californian peacenic who objected to 'implements of destruction' so she bought me a Grafar train set - I have been trying to get things running reliably ever since

Reply to
Mike

I can do custom decals, Chris. Have a look at the Electra website and mail me off-list if interested.

Reply to
Adam

Cheers Adam you've got some good stuff there but sorry to say the modelmaster's "letter" sheets appear to be exactly what I want and as I need a few nameplates at the same time it makes sense to get it all from the same place. If I ever go modern though I'll give you a shout.

Reply to
Chris Wilson