Waterslide Transfers

I've just tried to put some very old (20 years) waterslide transfers on a loco, but they didn't really stick and the film around the transfers was very visible. After a couple of hours I decided to remove the transfers and peeled them off. Some small parts of the colour are left on the loco. Is there a way of getting this residue off without removing the paint?

Does anyone make BR steam era transfers that don't have this horrible semi-tranparent film around the transfer? If I have to use transfers with the film around them, does it disappear if I sparay matt varnish over the transfers?

Thanks.

Reply to
Gerald H

Hi Gerald

Fox Transfers do the best water slide transfers see web site at

There are altenatives to water slide where effectively self adhsive letters with no film arround the edges are applied , see

As to removing the failed transfers . There is a prodiuct that is designed to sofften transfers so they will streach over uneven surfaces such as rivets in the area of application.

This is called Micro sol see

This wil allow the transfer to be removed witout affecting the paint.

Regards

Tony Cane

Reply to
t.cane