Electronics and Battery Brands

So far I have only used Duracell's. Have you guys had luck with the energizers? 6 packs for $9 at Home Depot.

Reply to
Stephen Corban

As a side note, I've been working on a project (consulting) for over 15 years that is battery-powered in very remote locations. The manufacturer of this product will only use Energizers, not Duracell, in his product. He doesn't really say why, other than to say that he has found them to be better for his application.

David Erbas-White

Stephen Corban wrote:

Reply to
David Erbas-White

Are you talking about 9v batteries?

From what I've found, Energizers are cheaper and have higher capacity.

Energizer 9v 625mAh (from Energizer website) Duracell 9v 580mAh (from Mouser Electronics website catalog)

I dug this information up a couple months ago while looking at 9v rechargables for my wireless video TX. Ni-Cad and Ni-MH 9v rechargables have a much lower capacity than any of the alkalines, so I just stuck with Energizers.

Reply to
Tim

Be sure you're comparing like with like though. Some battery technologies are suited to high discharge rates, some to lower discharge rates. All will have different capacities at different rates. Alkalines seem to be much of a muchness. I'll tend to use a new alkaline for the altimeter every flight and if it hasn't had too much time between turn-on and recovery I'll tend to use that battery for the video payload on the next flight.

I've recently been using ground power packs via an umbilical with a pull-out for non-essential systems plus small on-board packs, just large enough to last the few minutes of flight. I expect to be moving this technology on to powering at least one of my altimeters in the next year.

Chris

Reply to
Chris Eilbeck

what about Li-Ions?

Reply to
tater schuld

I go with the ones with the bunnies. I like the bunnies.

Reply to
M D Lampert

do Li-ons eat bunnies ?

Reply to
ArtU

Eveready Lithium 9v batteries pack about 1200mAh, but they cost about $8-10 each from what I've seen.

tim

Reply to
Tim

Understood. I was comparing regular Energizer alkalines with regular Duracell alkalines.

I didn't compare the Eveready E2 with the Duracell Ultra because I didn't find any capacity data on the Ultra. I didn't find anything on Rayovac's capacities either. At one time I had the specs on GP (Gold Peak), but I lost them.

I did find these:

Energizer E2 655mAh Duracell Procell 565mAh

Reply to
Tim

Yes, but only females...The males give them hare balls.

Reply to
Tim

You owe me a keyboard, sir. .......and some paper towels for the monitor.

-- Eric Benner TRA # 8975 L2 NAR # 79398

Reply to
Eric Benner

sweet! :)

- iz

Chris Eilbeck wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

Sorry about that. :)

Reply to
Tim

I'll send you the paper towels if you don't mind a little propellant on them :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Reply to
David Schultz

ba dum bump

- iz :)

Tim wrote:

Reply to
Ismaeel Abdur-Rasheed

What sort of shipping charges does M-C have? That could drive up the cost considerably unless bought in significant quantities.

Reply to
Tim

Reply to
David Schultz

I would guess it is an application thing. With the myriad of toys in this place, I've found Dcell to be the winner.

Joel. phx

Reply to
Joel Corwith

David Erbas-White wrote in news:uQpFb.38411$BQ5.36077@fed1read03:

It seems to me that Duracells LEAK more often than Energizers. Just my personal observation.

Reply to
Jim Yanik