1 mile

Has anybody tried the new econojet F20's in a minimum diameter scratch built rocket? Does anybody think it could get close to a mile? Didn't some people get a mile on a D3?

Reply to
John Rogers

I have a 29mm MD that looks pretty much like the Vaughn Bros VB29. It's Rocsim'd out to about 3.5K on G35-7s and flown smoothly. I haven't put an altimeter in it yet to see how high it really does go.

MJ

Reply to
Mike Jerauld

I saw some fly at the Koson Perchlorathon (he does not ban motors from other vendors like they do at ROC, even certified ones!).

I would say a mile is a stretch. I would esily say 3500 feet and you might get lucky and get higher. The long delay is too short to allow maximum altitudes in minimal diameter rockets.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I built a min. dia. with an F72 (24mm). It sim'd at 4000 feet. I don't think a 29mm F would do as well.

Reply to
bj

which USR motor would be the best choice for altitude in a minimum diameter rocket in the F or G range. I haven't been around in awhile, so i don't know much about your motors, or if i am even refering to the right person.

thanks

Reply to
John Rogers

Probably

29mm G008-4(8 is too long for everything except clusters in practice) F007-4 F20-8 24mm F9-8 G35-12 F25-12 F18-12

It is important to note that USR is currently prepping for a product release and is asking all its dealers to return all dead stock to a specified return point. If you are one of those dealers and have not returned them, please do so now or make arrangements for a pickup. The lack of availability of motors is going to get greater until the day of a new release.

Wouldn't it be cool if they were able to be released as certified?

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

I would love to have additional choices in motors. What have you done to get these motors certified by either NAR or TRA? I only fly with a my NAR club and need certified motors to fly. Don

Reply to
Don Hooker

This should be in the FAQ.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Such an innocent, honest question...

Reply to
NaCl

One that is constantly being pummeled into the background by active policies and acts of associations and their legion of whiney cronies :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (John Rogers) wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@posting.google.com:

Could be done with an Apogee F10, except you can't get them anymore.

len.

Reply to
Leonard Fehskens

USR was the question. Do not hijak the thread :)

29mm F007 29mm G008 24mm F9

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine