solidworks 2007 vista

when is solidworks 2007 vista going to be released?
Reply to
Fred
Fred,
Who cares,,,, It's gonna be a DOG anyway
Mark
Reply to
Mark Mossberg
Soon there will be no choice.
TOP
I also heard elsewhere that Microsoft pulled all the remaining copies of XP Pro off the retail shelves recently (though I haven't checked that myself).
What this means is there is going to be an active 2nd Market in copies of Windows XP Pro.
I can understand MS's dilemma. Without adoption of VISTA, MS's growth and profits will start to drop significantly, after putting in billions on VISTA & MS Office, so they risk it all by pulling XP Pro.
It sure seems like to me that they make their greatest risk in the 3rd world, where the average price of new VISTA boxes is likely to rise, given higher hardware costs & where MS's growth could be the highest, if MS PCs are bought.
I has to be tough to try to hold onto postion of "King of the Mountain". If MS can pull this off over the next few years, Ballmer's head is going to grow even larger, and the chair replacement budget in Redmond will balloon.
Bo
Reply to
Bo
After installing Mandriva Linux at work and asking people what version of Windows I was running I am convinced that MSoft has opened a Pandora's box for themselves.
Reply to
TOP
So you are now running a Pandora Box at work?
Bo
Reply to
Bo
Is the free version worth trying out? I just tried the download link and nothing happens.
bill
Reply to
bill allemann
Is there anything on the horizon wherein an emulation could run swx on a linux box?
How about on macs?
Bill
Reply to
bill allemann
Parallels software can possibly run SolidWorks on Linux, but I don't know how speedy it would be or how well the graphics would work.
<
Bo
Reply to
Bo
I think the MACS do pretty well in Boot Camp.
Reply to
TOP
Indeed when I go "out" I use a first gen. MacBook Pro w/2.16 Ghz Core Duo, where Windows XP Pro runs native on its own NTFS partition with SolidWorks 2006 and MSOffice. It runs very well for my small numbers of parts (at least compared to other users on the Newsgroup that do large assembly machines with hundreds to thousands of parts).
My only downside I see is using a few workarounds for the Mac keyboard, or using a small Adesso miniPC external keyboard, if I know I am going to do a lot of work in the field.
I use a miniature RadTech BT500 wireless 3 button mouse w/scroll wheel and that is great for me.
Bo
Reply to
Bo