Ping Matt Lombard

Hey Matt,
Amazon says the release date for "SolidWorks 2007 Bible" is 7 May. Is this still a good date? Can't wait to get my
hands on it!
Art W.

Art,
For the last 4 months or so, this has been completely in the hands of the publisher. I finally got them to take the drafting board off of the cover. They replaced it with an F1 car, which is an improvement.The best of my information is that this past Friday was the "bound book" date, when the book has been physically manufactured. Next they have to distribute it. I haven't received a copy yet. They did give a final page count, which turned out to be 1104. I'm as anxious as anyone about this book, and equally starved for information about it.
Since there have been a steady stream of requests, I set up another way to order the book from my website www.dezignstuff.com , which is a few dollars more than Amazon, but includes shipping, and you can get a signed copy directly from me. This seems like a vain thing to do, but it wasn't my idea.
As for the date when you'll get yours, I haven't heard anything to contradict May 7. I'm hoping to get some soon. Watch my blog for news.
Matt Lombard http://dezignstuff.com/blog / http://mysite.verizon.net/mjlombard /
Matt,
In order not too appear too vain just sign a blank check and slip it in the front cover? We will let you go on the vain thing then..... :)
TOP
In article <1176647612.584228.314130
says...

...snip
Vain, schmain. Personally, I'd like to have a copy signed by da man. I'll order from your website.
Art

Vain, Don't worry - You're in good company . I once had a signed copy of Gaddafi's "The Green Book" :-) - but a bastard I lent it to never returned it.
Just looked at your site - what is the shipping to the UK ? - it will be more than you have accounted for I presume. I can use Paypal - does it allow an extra charge for the greater cost. Or should I make an extra payment to the account? Tell me what it will be.
Jonathan

JJS,
I'm gonna have to get back to you about that shipping to UK thing. most of this is new to me. Thx for the interest.
Matt

Wish I'd waited - I ordered off Wiley.co.uk an age back... (Extra for the sig? Why not?)
Cheers Matt - the tutorials and advice over the years have made my life a lot easier and a lot more fun.
Chris
CAD-zooks wrote:

I asume shipping to DK would be the same as for UK?
Looking forward to get some material that is adresses to advanced users.
Will your web-site confirm the release date when it is confirmed by your puplisher?
Ronni wrote:

I haven't got the shipping-across-the-pond thing worked out yet. I will address it, though, and get back to you. My guess from initial research is that it will add US$5-7 to the cost.

Actually, it will probably be my blog that announces the availability. www.dezignstuff.com/blog
Thanks for your interest.
matt
Yes!, here is another fan, that would like a signed copy sent over here to the UK. :-)