Re: Matt's smear campaign

You quoted Neil and as a misdirection you didn't properly attribute the quote to him even though you cross posted it to another group.

[ I'm looking for practical, viable suggestions, and maybe identifying what you think the problems are. (insane rants will be removed)

Example of something that will get removed: My name is Jon Banquer or cliff or Neil or any one of their aliases.

Matt Lombard Author: SolidWorks 2007 Bible ]

Seems Matt hit the nail on the head with that one.

"I prefer a rational discussion between people who really use the software. You prove on a regular basis that you can't be rational, and you have never said anything that makes me believe you have more than a passing familiarity with SolidWorks." - Mat Lombard - Author - SolidWorks 2007 Bible -posted - Aug 19, 2007-

Matt got it right again.

"When you saw that I was allowing you to post, your comments got wilder and more ridiculous as you whipped yourself into a frenzy. I didn't want what happened to the Novedge blog to be repeated on mine"

- Aug 19, 2007- Mat Lombard - Author - SolidWorks 2007 Bible

Damn Matt got it right again.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Show me a good machinist, engineer or programmer that doesn't have issues.

" I dropped out of high school to pursue my dream of making a lot of money and never went back" - Jon Banquer - Dec 28, 2002

By selling soap door to door.

"Obviously I don't think" - Jon Banquer - May 21, 2006

Obviously

Reply to
brewertr

Didn't stop you Jon from posing as an expert all these years now did it.

"For the record I like SolidWorks" Jon Banquer April 10, 1998

"I think SolidWorks will always be better at modeling and assembly though. "SolidWorks should have ALL the tools you need by April of 99 or close" -Jon Banquer - Oct 22, 1998

"I'd hate to be using SolidWorks" -Jon Banquer - Jan 15, 2005

"Is it any wonder SaladWorks is now such a POS... and it's only gonna get worse. ." - Jon Banquer - May 20, 2005

"my copy of SolidWorks 2007 Bible showed up today." - Jon Banquer - May 31, 2007

"I'm the kind of person who doesn't learn very well reading" - Jon Banquer - July 22, 2007

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

There is a difference between constructive criticism and spittle spewing rants from clueless beginners like you Jon.

Matt has agreed with some constructive criticism. Impossible to write

1100 pages where one did not feel there is some room for improvement.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

You're talking about when Matt contacted my employer and tried to get me reprimanded over some postings on Usenet. If he had any balls what-so-ever, since he knew who I was and where I worked at the time, he could have dealt with me face to face. But, no, he called my boss who then asked me what the f*ck was wrong with the guy and agreed when I told him he's just your average scumbag.

Reply to
Black Dragon

You should have read the authors notes:

"The SolidWorks 2007 Bible is an 1100 page desk reference volume written by Matt Lombard of Dezignstuff. It is an in depth look at SolidWorks functionality, answering the "why does this work this way" questions, not just describing the button pushes like the basic introduction books. The SolidWorks Bible is intended primarily for intermediate and advanced users, although there is also some material for beginners." From the Author

One book review criticism stated you needed to know a lot about SolidWorks, please note where it says for intermediate and advanced users.

Then there is Jon who wants more button pusher tutorials, please note where it says it is not just button pushing.

Then there is you again Jon, a beginner, please read the part where it says for intermediate and advanced users with SOME material for beginners again.

Still with all your spittle spewing rants about the deficiencies of SolidWorks 2007 Bible it still doesn't stop you Jon from Parroting the SolidWorks Bible and posting your SolidWorks crib notes and misrepresenting them as if it were your original thoughts and content lately.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

And just what good would that have done? You have already demonstrated near-zero socialization/consideration.

But, no, he called my boss who then asked me what the

Yeah, but don't think the boss didn't start wondering about you, as well. And rightfully so.

But another person added to that long and ubiquitous line, waiting to beat your g-d ass.

Reply to
Proctologically Violated©®

Tom, watch this video (with the volume turned up!) and tell me this isn't EXACTLY how you picture JB when he's attempting to use Solidworks, or trying to select chains in Mastercam.

Joe788

Unacceptable by any standard with few exceptions.

Reply to
brewertr

What?

1) Going real life over some Usenet postings? 2) Dealing with a person face to face over Usenet postings? 3) Both 1 and 2?
Reply to
Black Dragon

He didn't. He couldn't give a f*ck less what I was doing on an online venue on my own time. What he cared about was making money and I made more money for him than any other cnc guy who ever worked for him did.

Reply to
Black Dragon

This video is MUCH more accurate...

Appologies to all Germans.

Reply to
Half-nutz

Going to someone's employer over a Usenet posted opinion.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

brewertr

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

Hahah....the funniest thing is what came up after the video, in the two more videos they show .... one was titled "I pimped my dog".

Reply to
Anthony

The campaign Jon is you with your uncontrollable impulses and words smearing yourself.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

Quoting you?

"Lots of us "clueless renegades" around" - Jon Banquer -

[ IMO, associativity between toolpath and geometry is the only way to go! Saves *major time* when changes occur... and they always seem to occur. Associativity has no drawbacks that I know of. ] - Jon Banquer [ This is the very same asshole who constantly makes the claim that full associativity is always needed, despite being told numerous times that it is, in FACT, not needed or desired in many cases !!!] - Jon Banquer -
Reply to
brewertr

Reply to
brewertr

Reply to
brewertr

That's what I thought, just wanted to be sure. It's an extremely low thing to do. If I'm not mistaken, I think the auk folk have an award for people like that.

Reply to
Black Dragon