SW Bible for International purchase

If you live outside the US and want a copy of the SW Bible, probably the best bet is a local book outlet or online bookstore like Amazon.co.uk where the book is =A321. If there is no local book outlet, or if you want a signed copy, go to eBay. I've got it for sale there for $40 + $3 shipping for US or $24.50 shipping to UK. If you want to do this, you'd better do it before May 14, when the US postage rates for international shipping are set to triple, I think.

There is a cheaper rate for international, about $10 but it brings a rather literal meaning to the phrase "slow boat", since it takes 4-6 weeks.

Matt Lombard Author SolidWorks 2007 Bible

Reply to
matt

Matt I've ordered my copy from paypal

- you're doing your bit for the US export drive and balance of payments :-)

Jonathan

Reply to
jjs

"matt" a écrit dans le message de news: snipped-for-privacy@w5g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

you'd better do it before May 14, when the US postage rates for international shipping are set to triple, I think.

Just curious: why is that happening? I recall there was a special price for international postage of printed matter, is that the reason: discount suppressed? Or is it on everything shipped from the US?

TIA JM

Reply to
Jean Marc

It's just an increase in postal costs across the board in the US, international shipping is not singled out. I suppose the price of fuel plays into it. I'm not sure exactly how much the increase is, but the post office said after the 14th a 3.5 lb package (~1.6 kg) will be about $60 (instead of $24.50 today). The alternative is "surface" shipping, literally using a ship. This takes 4-6 WEEKS instead of 4-6 days, and costs about $16.

Interestingly, it was only fractionally more expensive to ship something to Australia as compared to UK.

Reply to
matt

For what it would cost to post me to Europe I could by airline tickets for the whole family and have money for lodging and a car for a week.

TOP

P.S. Actually it looks like a bargain when compared to UPS. Shipping to SW1A 2AA would cost $92 from my place. DHL - $81.50,

Seems to me your publisher should be able to promote your book in England and thereby make it available to the rest of Europe.

Reply to
TOP

Yes, the publisher does that, as does Amazon, which is why I recommend other ways to get the book more cheaply. Still, some people wanted to buy directly from me to get an autographed copy. I'm still not quite reconciled to the idea of people other than traffic cops wanting my signature.

The crazy thing is that it's almost as bad to Canada. Toronto is much closer to home than Seattle, but it costs $3 to Seattle, and $16.75 to Toronto.

Reply to
matt

Matt,

I think you are approaching this all wrong. There are user groups in Europe too. It is spring. It is nice. Richard Doyle is a nice guy. So are the guys in the European user groups that want personally autographed copies of the book. Hint, hint, nudge nudge.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

You know, you're right! A little jaunt through the Welsh countryside would be much more efficient than wasting all of the SW user's money on shipping. They should just buy me a plane ticket instead! A little face time with the user groups...

Great suggestion!

Reply to
matt