Parts washer questions

What do you use in yours? What do you clean? How do you clean/replace what evaporates or is consumed?
Steve, who is looking for a decent cleaning solution without breaking the
bank.

I clean mostly machine tool parts, and some car parts. I used to use kerosene. Right now I'm using Diesel, because it's the cheapest solvent I've found locally. This is in a hobby shop. Given a choice at a similar price, I'd be using Naptha or mineral spirits

I used to use Safety Kleen, now I use Heritage Crystal Clean, they are cheaper and offer a "top off" service if you do not need a total change out of the fluid. About 1/3 the price of changeout. What is pissing me off is they added a $10 "fuel charge" to my bill.
Not cheap at all but it does take care of the hazardous waste disposal for me.
Remove 333 to reply. Randy
    --It's still hard to beat Tide, hot water and a stiff brush.. ;-)
--
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!
"Steamboat Ed" Haas : Steel, Stainless, Titanium:
Hacking the Trailing Edge! : Guaranteed Uncertified Welding!

    Why not?
--
pyotr filipivich

Hey, you! No philosophy jokes allowed in here!
technomaNge
--
http://www.snopes.com/college/exam/oneword.asp

rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    Okay then "Why knot?"
pyotr
--
pyotr filipivich
On Thu, 15 Sep 2011 08:54:29 -0700, pyotr filipivich

Wye Knott?
Why a Duck?
-0700 (PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

    I'm alright, how about you?
--
pyotr filipivich
On 09/15/2011 01:14 PM, Bob wrote:

Someone's been reading Heinlein again.
technomaNge
--
The Moon is a Harsh Mistress.

technomaNge wrote:

Speaking of which, did you enjoy the Podkyne of Mars that I mailed you? :)

Muchly, and thanks. Ready for me to mail it back?
technomaNge
--
"Everything is changing. People are taking the comedians seriously and
the politicians as a joke."
technomaNge wrote:

That copy is yours to keep, if you want it. :) I found it while waiting for the one I ordered from a local bookstore.
I also have a lot of other duplicates on hand. I've been hitting a few thrift stores at just the right time and cleaned them out of whatever Sci-Fi they had on the shelves. I needed a lot to read while my legs healed. :(

Did somebody say "Why Knot?" Here's Why Knot:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v
atClPSTx8
There's the future of robotics.
--