Parts washer questions

What do you use in yours? What do you clean? How do you clean/replace what evaporates or is consumed?

Steve, who is looking for a decent cleaning solution without breaking the bank.

Reply to
Steve B

I clean mostly machine tool parts, and some car parts. I used to use kerosene. Right now I'm using Diesel, because it's the cheapest solvent I've found locally. This is in a hobby shop. Given a choice at a similar price, I'd be using Naptha or mineral spirits

Reply to
Rex

I used to use Safety Kleen, now I use Heritage Crystal Clean, they are cheaper and offer a "top off" service if you do not need a total change out of the fluid. About 1/3 the price of changeout. What is pissing me off is they added a $10 "fuel charge" to my bill.

Not cheap at all but it does take care of the hazardous waste disposal for me.

Remove 333 to reply. Randy

Reply to
Randy333

--It's still hard to beat Tide, hot water and a stiff brush.. ;-)

Reply to
steamer

--OK I'll bite.. Why?

Reply to
steamer

Why not?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Hey, you! No philosophy jokes allowed in here!

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Okay then "Why knot?"

pyotr

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Wye Knott?

Reply to
Bob

Why a Duck?

Reply to
Bruce Bergman

Did somebody say "Why Knot?" Here's Why Knot:

There's the future of robotics.

Reply to
Ed Huntress

Someone's been reading Heinlein again.

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

Bruce Bergman on Thu, 15 Sep 2011 12:01:23

-0700 (PDT) typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

I'm alright, how about you?

Reply to
pyotr filipivich

Speaking of which, did you enjoy the Podkyne of Mars that I mailed you? :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Muchly, and thanks. Ready for me to mail it back?

technomaNge

Reply to
technomaNge

That copy is yours to keep, if you want it. :) I found it while waiting for the one I ordered from a local bookstore.

I also have a lot of other duplicates on hand. I've been hitting a few thrift stores at just the right time and cleaned them out of whatever Sci-Fi they had on the shelves. I needed a lot to read while my legs healed. :(

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell