flyin fortress

is that british film on dvd? man, what great footage of early forts. are they d"'s? earlier

It is at my house - from the cable to the tuner card to the hard drive to the DVD burner. Ain't technology wunnerful?

-Kevin in Indy

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

Mad Modeller wrote in news:43CDCF70.8A995FA5 @nextline.com:

I compared thier filmograhpies on IMDB. No joy. No matches at all.

Reply to
Mustapha, P

Not the same movies but I taped one years ago with 'A's or 'B's that also had Robert Mitchum and Veronica Lake. It seems to me that movies of early NMF B-17s are rather rare. Now if I could only remember the title!

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

i turned in too late. burn me a copy? trade for any music you can't find.....

all the heavies...way cool.

Oops, that was William Holden, not Robert Mitchum. The movie is "I Wanted Wings". Ray Milland and Brian Donlevy were also in the cast.

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad Modeller

Hmmmm..... IMDB says this thing is 119 minutes long. What TCM just ran went 68 minutes. It's had 51 min chopped out of it? Hmmmmmmmm.....

I'm gonna have to sit down & watch this thing, just to see what there is to see.

Oh - on second glance at IMDB...the UK version is 119 min. The US version is 68. Still....sounds wacky to me.

Still want a copy, e?

-Kevin in Indy

Reply to
Kevin M. Vernon

yes, the 10 minutes i watched were really silly. typical yank/brit fluff banter about "jerry" and all that rot. but...the aircraft scenes are a modelers dream. so please, yes i do. t100rAThotmailDOTcom just leave the capitals and add the obvious.

except for the paint or markings, that's it. where can i get the conversion kit?

William Koster

610 Euclid Ct. Highland Park, Il 60035

snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net

Very good service and the conversion is pretty good for a vac. It will be much easier if you don;t have to do a NMF finish.

Reply to
M Stanley

thnak you majorly!

you might try and search around for this book. I have it and have worn it out with multiple readings... Great fun.

"When Hollywood Ruled the Skies"

Craig

crw59

i'm going to see if intra-library loan can get it for me.

I just got a copy of the book from amazon.com. It is used but only cost $5.50 plus shipping for a total of $8.95. The book was in great condition when it arrived, and I was surprised to see it was signed by the author on the title page. From what I have read so far this book is great. I am going to have to start adding these films to my collection. Steve

Reply to
steve