Help and advice wanted

I am returning to plastic modelling after an absence of 25 years as I have started to collect space kits (primarily factual subjects).

Can anybody recommend any books or websites which would teach the basics of the subject? Something about building resin kits would also be welcomed (then I can head over to

and really start indulging myself).

Any help would be appreciated.

Reply to
Chryse

Chris, This may not be the answer you are looking for, but it might help. Do a google search on the subject you are going to build. Prefix the subject name with either pictures or images, for example: images apollo 13. That should get you a number of hits, and then you can open the hits at your leisure.

Good luck and welcome back.

Ray Austin, TX ===

Reply to
Ray S. & Nayda Katzaman

Thanks for the advice, but I am looking for general guidance on kit-building techniques, rather than the specific information you are suggesting. However, I will bear your tip in mind.

Thanks again.

Reply to
Chryse

Check out

Martin

Reply to
The Collector

First off, welcome back! I just came back too after almost 26 years away. Feels weird huh?

You might consider joining some forums like the one over at Fine Scale Modeler. Ive found a lot of helpful people there and at other locations. Your selected genre of modeling choice is going to be difficult to augment IMO, but I wish you much luck.

Reply to
Ghostown