wanted WW2 72nd US Brit tank decals and driver figures

Hey all...

at the moment, trying to get back into modelling, not been a great 8 months or so since i last posted...

To get back into it, doing some Armourfast quick build tanks, for wargaming etc. with mods....but after some decals/transfers (i got a load of those er...skyxxxx something brand ages ago) but looking for some from used decal sheet options (and instruction placements)

also after some metal, plastic, resin half/full figures, US Brit..to stick in Shermans, Cromwells etc..owt anyone doesnt use anymore, stowage etc. i can make sandbags n rolls etc.

Just wondered if anyone has some decals and figures not being used in the spares boxes or old sprus etc.

Also after some drawings scale would be cool, of the crab, callopie etc (or websites with good drawings or info if anyone knows any) so i can make some from bits...fancy doing a lot of DDay stuff..

If anyones been wondering, why they aint see me here for months, we got hit by a drunk driver, wrote of the new (to us) old vw camper back in the spring, then had nothing but rescue reptiles arrive, from turts to lizards, a lot not in good condition, and dieing, so modelling didnt get a look in, but with stress and all the costs etc...i just need to chillax and get back into modelling bit time, hence starting with quick fun projects..

be nice to see some familiar faces on here, and Bill B, if your reading, sorry not called you for a while...

Reply to
Jules

hey Jules you ol' bugger!

I'll do some digging and see what I can turn out for you...

Welcome back!

Chris

Reply to
Chris Hughes

Hi Chris..good to hear from you.

Guess you went to Telford last month, i didnt get the chance, if you did was it any good?

Belive i did find it....have to take another look, since last time i found it, had to box a load of stuff but i have a feedling i can get my hands on it..in a hour or so of looking! thats good for me....

what you building at the mo? speak soon!

Reply to
Jules

Jules wrote

I've got some old Military Modellings in box - they had a series describing all the Funnies the 79th came up with. I'm fairly sure they had 1/76th plans for all or most of them. Could do some scans....

Reply to
Rik Shepherd

Reply to
Jules

funny, i was just thinking about your "want thomas" and the hated child story and wondering where you were. welcome back and happy holiday, jules! i wish i had that story on file.....

Reply to
someone

what sized figures, jules? i don't think i have 1/35, just 72 and 48 if that's any help.

Reply to
someone

Sorry, I haven't anything in that genre that would help. So what have you been doing? Are you in the UK or Saxony? I've been wondering. :)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

Hey Bill. Still in old Blighty...was about to leave for the former DDR but ended up meeting a girl here and settling down...

Not even been able to get over for a holiday this year, but hopefully can do next year.

Hows things with you?

Reply to
Jules

Hi

72nd (or 76th)

I found all my stuff in this scale, as its all German related. Found a few aftermarket decal sheets but not really aimed at general stuff, but more specific tanks/campains etc and a few bits off each sheet would be any use...

I just wanted to cup open some hatches, to the quick build Shermans, Firefly, Cromwells and add a figure or 2 to each.

Wargaming isnt my thing, but thought would get back into the hobby doing things simply with some quick builds, but adding some extra details before back on to the full kids, seems Trump and Dragon have been bringing some great new kits out recently and been ages since i did owt in brail scale

Picked up a Airfix Sherman Crab, and Italeri Calliope and going to have a crack at making my own simpler funnies and the launcher for wargaming tanks....and picked up the Revell old boxed Mbox A 34 Comet. Colourwise, at the moment if its drab its fab! hehe

Reply to
Jules

Steadily declining here but someone keeps my spirits up with witty mail. I guess I'll have to share the scary pic I took (no, not the snow scene) I sent to him. The situation here is such that I'm starting to pack up some stuff in anticipation of a move. It figures as I finally got my workbench back in operation after this summer's flood in the basement. Man, I need to win a lottery. ;]

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.

Reply to
Mad-Modeller

that was a scary pic!. i thought that species was confined to attics and basements only allowed out for food and paint?

Reply to
someone

i had everything packed for the move to germany but never happened..

i spent 2 days doing this a week ago...lots of pics and i guess your still on dial up..

dont look if little kids or eating....or eating little kids hehe

Jules

are you ok jules? everything ok? anything you need?

Reply to
someone

Well been a nightmare year, after the previous few...but met a great girl so trying to keep that, and hopefully be a great xmas for the 1st time in years....

just feel ready to get back into modelling, and thought i would do some quick armour, for wargamers and try my chance on ebay and raise some money for a compressor. This years its been nothing but reptiles coming in and need to get back enjoying myself

Fancy doing some small armour then have a crack on some 35th armour and got a 48th KP SU-22 i want to model, like one i stood next to last year...had all the etch and resin bits and got the fotos!

Oh yeah, the good part is the girlfriend, im nearly 38 and she turned 20 the other week! :)

Reply to
Jules

carefull, man, they can break you and not notice. other than that, they indivduals matter, not the cliches, so i say nothing about age. do wish you the best, of course. you do warhammer, yes? or is my mem dead? i read about it but i can't take on another hobby where you can spend as much as you want or have. the motorbike resto thing will take it all. love to see that su.i think you missed my duplicate the childhood build? i built anothe lindberg ju87 the same way and materials as when a kid. it was a blast. if you get the photo group i can show you. snakes are cool. i had a desert constrictor but he and the cat teamed up to vandalize the house. she learned, he went free. cheers!

Reply to
someone

Warhammer aint my cup of tea, but the girlfriend has got me a couple of books for xmas, hobarts funnies being one..

my isp dropped all binary groups, and a lot of others so this and a couple more are the only ones left...pain in the backside.

yeah kept snakes for years, but with so many rescue animals coming in, and rising gas and esp electric, not good, so not had time to do any models for a long time, but now going to make the effort and get some time in, good way of relaxing!

Reply to
Jules

will your email accept pics? somebody here likes warhammer. it's kind of corny and a bit cliched but looks like addiction potential is high. i'm drooling about the funnies book. the more tech and obscure, the more i want it. my music collection is like that. gimmie stuff no one's ever heard of that causes suicide in the stupid and i want it. if it scares children, it's on the playlist. brings the cops? i offer them coffee. i'm glad you're back and congrats on a new squeeze. we need your knowledge and humor, the old campground has been a bit barren of late. what is your oddest animal? i know that gets asked alla time, but i couldn't resist. cheers! (and tables)

Reply to
someone

Well, food anyway. ;)

Bill Banaszak, MFE Sr.