Decals wanted

I am building a Revell P-47N 1/48 kit but have lost the decals. I've tried Revell, but they say the kit sold out in 2001!. Does anybody have a spare?

Regards and thanks in advance

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Observer

I think I may have some Super Scale decals for a P-47N. Will this work? E-mail Scott at SnJ Model Products at snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
SnJmodprod

Did you specifically want to make the kit aircraft? If you're just looking for a set of P-47N decals, SuperScale made (I think it's still available) a sheet for "Little Meatie's Meat Chopper" which was flown by Oscar Pedromo, one of the few Aces-in-a-day. There's another company that put out a large multi decal set for several versions of the P-47. I forgot the company and don't have a sheet number because my decal books are down in the basement behind a stack or old furniture) but the same aircraft is on it as well. It should still be available since I only bought it less than a year ago. I'm sure someone else on this group can help with the missing details on the sheets.

Reply to
Bill Woodier

I found a couple of the decal sheets I was talking about in my earlier post regarding the P-47N. One is SuperScale sheet #48-613. There are markings for two P-47Ns on the sheet. One is the earlier mentioned "Lil Meaties Meat Chopper" flown by LT Oscar Perdomo (I misspelled his name in the earlier post). Perdomo was the last Ace-in-a-day and the last Ace of WW-II. there's also markings for an aircraft named "Duck Butt" and it's pilot is unknown.

The other sheet that I couldn't remember the maker was by Sky Models and it's called Thunderbolt Part 1 (#48-039. Now that I'm actually looking at the sheet I realize that, while the sheet is larger than normal, it's only a single sheet. It has markings for 10+ P-47s from early "C"s to two "N"s including the same aircraft flown by Perdomo.

There was also a sheet put out several years ago with a P-47N with very colorful noseart and named "Chautauqua" and two kill marks. I built my N"" with these markings about 10 years and I believe Three Guys decals are all out of production.. Hope this additional info helps some.......

Reply to
Bill Woodier

There are some really exceptional newer decals for the 1/48 P-47N made by Pyn-up Decals. They are definitely worth a look:

OR

Pauli G

Do you have a beef with Squadron? Last I looked they have several P-47N sheets, including the PM Air National Guard sheet.

Reply to
tomcervo

Thanks to all responders. I managed to locate a set very similar to originals.

Regards

Pat Macguire

Reply to
Observer