72nd US staff car

Does anyone make a US www staff car? its for a mate, he has the Attack hobby Tatra T87 but wonderd if there was a Plymouth, owt like that ta

Reply to
Jules

Jules - I've seen a number of 1940-era autos in stock at model railroad shops. I believe a company called "Woodland Scenics" makes some. You could check out Walther's at

course, these will most likely be ~civilian~ vehicles, - you might have to paint and decal it into the military version, not too difficult.

Reply to
The Old Man

Reply to
Jules

Those vehicles in railroad shops are more than likely HO scale, or 1/87 rather than 1/72. Make sure you're getting what you want. Sorry I don't know of a 1/72 plymouth out there; good luck.

---Stephen

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni

The top of many WWII vehicle modelers, at least n 1/72 scale, would be the 1940 Ford Four Door Sedan. It was seen in virtually every theatre and was used by all branches of the US military. I've always envisoned two kits, preferably injection molded. One would be the long wheelbase version for the sedan, staff car, station wagon, panel truck and pickup truck. The other would be the short wheelbase for the coupe, two-door sedan and convertible.

We waited for decades for an injection molded 1/72 Dodge WC-54 Ambulance and eventually Academy delivered. Ya listening Academy?

Tom

Reply to
maiesm72