Seattle: Model Display 17-18 February

This model display is an annual event held in the Great Gallery (around the SR-71) of the Museum of Flight in Seattle. Last year, there were some 1200 models, mostly aircraft, but cars, armor, naval were present as well. The theme this year is "Model Citizen"; rather than models organized by country or some of the other schemes we've used, NorthWest Scale Modelers decided to have the models arranged by modeler. For the guys who bring very large collections (we have three who routinely bring over 200 models each!) this is a welcome arrangement.

In addition to the display (not contest!) on both days, Saturday 17 February and Sunday 18 February, there are some special activities on the 17th. From 10am-2pm, there will be a make-n-take for the first 200 or so kids who sign up for it. It's a free activity, but due to shortages of kits in the past, it's necessary to sign up for a time to build your model with supervision. This year's model, I believe, is a Snap-Tite Blue Angels F-18. Should be fun.

Also on Saturday, the CEO of the Museum, Dr. Bonnie Dunbar will speak at the Allen Auditorium from 3pm-4:30pm. She's a 5 time shuttle astronaut. She'll stay in the Great Gallery after that to sign autographs and such.

Museum admission is normally $14, but those exhibiting models have free entry to the entire museum for both days. In addition to that (I keep going, don't I?) those exhibiting models will have a discount at the museum gift store (it has an excellent selection of books) and for museum members, like me, that discount is in addition to the normal member discount.

This is the most fun you'll ever have at a modelling event; it's not one to miss.

You can email me directly ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net) for further information, or the event organizer with NWSM is Tim Nelson ( snipped-for-privacy@comcast.net)

--- Stephen Tontoni NorthWest Scale Modelers

Reply to
Stephen Tontoni