Matt Lombard Banned from SW forums?

It has been brought to my attention that Matt Lombard has been banned from the SW forums... WHAT!!!!!!!! I am very angered by this......

Here is a post I put in the general section at the SW forum and want all of you to go and reply to this message with a simple show of support to this issue. Below is the text of the message in case it gets banned and also a link to the forum for you to show your support.

I am completely disappointed in Matt Lombard being banned from this forum and think this is incredibly poor judgment. Now it has been said that

"Matt has not been blocked from the SolidWorks forums. I am working on resolving his posting issue now. His snappy wit and wisdom will be available to forum users shortly."

But this is my thought if it looks like a fish and smells like a fish then its a FISH!

I think all of us should rally behind Matt and reply to this post to show SW that they have very poor judgment on this call.

Ben Eadie

Ben

Ben,

I left a statement on solidmentor to this same effect. Occuring to someone proported on the SW Forum staff, Matt was not banned. There's no explanation for the lack of service to him, though.

Matt Lorono

fcsuper

This may be and I have been wrong before and will hang my head if I am wrong...again... but... Does anyone else have problems with the forum and being banned? No one else is experiencing this problem that I know of. Is this glitch just affecting him? At a time that he is most vocal? Sure it could be, but if all it taken into account this really does not look like a glitch.

Ben

Reply to
Ben

lol matt will live on..he has his own blog for his audience why post it here though? matt regards himself as too important to visit here ;o)

Reply to
neil

- Mat Lombard response to Jon - [ The truth is that I started to allow your comments to go through. ALL of them, even when they contained language that I don't use on my blog. When you saw that I was allowing you to post, your comments got wilder and more ridiculous as you whipped yourself into a frenzy. I didn't want what happened to the Novedge blog to be repeated on mine, so I put all of your posts that I would allow into a single comment, and removed the rest.

I prefer a rational discussion between people who really use the software. You prove on a regular basis that you can't be rational, and you have never said anything that makes me believe you have more than a passing familiarity with SolidWorks. ]

What happened on novedge:

[ UPDATE -- July 8, 2007 -- I had to close this blog post to further comments and to remove the personal attacks between Jon and some other newsgroups readers. Before the interview, I made an agreement with Jon about the style of the interview and the way to handle it. Jon didn't respect our agreement, posting comments under fake names. Jon's authentic and fake comments are all posted from the same IP address,

72.199.251.224. I can now see that my trust in Jon was misplaced. ]
Reply to
brewertr

..and besides Ben. as a member of the blog squad you should be aware that a decent part of the strategic mission of the new forum and the squad is to remove conspicuous vocal objectors from other customers hearing I don't know what matt has said to upset the brass but good on him Merry Xmas matt ;o)

Reply to
neil

Seasons greetings Jon, from 41 deg south I have only really ever posted here and on the old SW forum. Rarely post anywhere about SW these days...lost interest in the struggle with big brother now I dont upgrade ;o) Been putting some time in at the Indigo renderer forum though.. Wishing everyone here a nice coming holiday neil

BTW if anyone here designs lights for houses I suggest you can make a real killing by making some install friendly fittings rather than just fancy looking ones. I have been helping an electrician friend with his Xmas rush to finish jobs and this is the main obstacle to progress. Fiddly screws in ridiculous places - you actually have to completely (and I mean completely) take apart some lights to put the base on the wall - and then there are the seals that wont stay in place while you put the covers on while perched up a ladder in a good wind with a screwdriver between your teeth...and the grommets and connectors that will not take 2 cables ..aaarrggh! absolutely stupid amounts of time and money get lost with these crap designs... very pretty though ;o)

Reply to
neilscad

----------Update---------- Matt is back on the SW forums and thank you all for your support! A quote from Matt "I appreciate the support, but I haven't been banned. There was however some sort of "glitch" where I was unable to post for about half a day. The timing was suspicious looking, but SolidWorks claims that it was a java problem that prevented my posting, and seemed to imply that it was my own fault. I wish SW could just accept responsibility for poor java compatibility on their forums, but it seems they are better at pointing fingers than accepting responsibility. "

----------Update----------

Ben

god that's disappointing...

well there you go cant be too careful about alarmist posts ;o)

the sky is falling... the sky is falling... matt lombard cant post for half a day..

Reply to
neil

Probably mistook him for someone else;

"Example of something that will get removed: My name is Jon or cliff or neil or any one of their aliases."

Reply to
brewertr

That's how they generate sales....LOL......easy to see why you never graduated high school.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr

just visited matts blog out of curiosity - first time in months- aside from the humour of magic matt being wedged as chief stirrer and whinger ;o) I have to add a wee comment here for Greg Jankowski... when the hell have you guys ever participated in, let alone looked forward to continued healthy debate on ideas and issues? I mean really! if there is one underlying principal you people adhere to its going your own way with your fingers wedged in your ears and carefully managing your image to be very 'nice'...ha! including the wikis... but to return to the topic I see a few people stating they won't be renewing subs etc and I have to smile cos I bet they will be among the first to install 09.. sorry guys I wish I could be supportive but its the same old song and its getting to be elevator music..what is interesting is that matt is saying much the same things I was a few years ago to his dislike - kettle calling the pot black eh? so what is the point of this crusade of matts? has his mouth and his over estimation finally backed him into a corner? will SW toss him over the privilege fence? tune in again for the next stimulating episode...

Reply to
neil

Matt,

I've been compla> ----------Update----------

Reply to
fcsuper

Ben,

Java could very well be the issue. I have had issues with 3rd party addins lately because MSoft lost a lawsuit with Sun over Java and pulled msjava.dll from circulation. Until MSoft and their minions clean out code that may reference this dll I wouldn't be surprised if more problems related to java arise.

You can read about this on MSoft's website by searching for msjava.dll.

TOP

Reply to
TOP

then again it could just be a very unfortunate gaff from the pulpit ;o) ...lol...

Reply to
neil

I was "banned" until I fixed the issues with the new Java 2. Tell Matt to change his user preferences to use the non-Java interface.

Reply to
That70sTick

well there we can all breathe a sigh of relief.. matt will get his microphone back and the sermon will resume very shortly

good boys and girls who said their prayers for matt at this difficult time will be receiving an autographed copy of the bible in their stockings ;o)

silent night.. holy night... all is calm.. in SWland.. tonight...

Reply to
neil

ROFLMAO.....Man Jon that's good stuff you missed your calling. You could have been a successful comedian instead of an unemployed carpetbagger that as a machine operator couldn't count to 11 even when given multiple clues.

Tom

Reply to
brewertr