Solidworks system option setting on server side

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me that how to put the system environment setting on server? It is because I want to consist 30pcs of computers, which have the same setting.

Thx

Regards, Newbie

Reply to
info.lowyeah

Have the same "problem"

But what I would like is a function to log tools->options, which I know quite a few have asked for in "enhancement request"

Atm I just have a reg file which lays with the image so it installs initially. But people seems to think they know better ;-)

Reply to
Ronni

SolidWorks saves all settings in the Windows registry. And System Administrators can import anything in system log-in. Read with notepad the output file of "SolidWorks Copy Settings Wizard" to understand what settings you need to import.

Reply to
alexei.roz

edit to my post... "log" should have been "lock" of course...

Overwriting the windows registry database on login is not a suited solution. The file containing the information would overwrite the toolbar/button setup. If you want to overwrite everything it can of course be used.

Reply to
Ronni

Yes. You can use it as-is. You have to understand meaning of each line. And you can use only necessary lines. In other words you don't want share all SolidWorks settings, like toolbar positions or performance settings. But you need share e.g. templates location end etc.

Reply to
alexei.roz

Do you have an "overview" of where to find the tools->option settings in the reg-database?

Or if you could be so kind to throw a few pointers I am sure I can pick it up from them.

Reply to
Ronni

I agree that at this time, a registry update would be the only choice. In order to determine what you want, you can output only part of it. You can export everything except toolbars, or hotkeys, and then open that reg file and study the headings. It takes a bit of studying, but it's pretty straightforward. for the most part.

WT

Reply to
Wayne Tiffany

It's an example of reg-file that define shared files location for SolidWorks 2006 users

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ REGEDIT4 ;SolidWorks Copy Settings Wizard

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2006] [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2006\Document Templates] "Default Part Template"="Full_Patht\\part template.prtdot" "Default Assy Template"="Full_Patht\\assembly template.asmdot" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2006\Drawings] "Last BOM Template Path"="Full_Patht\\BOM.sldbomtbt" "Last Revision Template Path"="Full_Patht\\REV-TABLE.sldrevtbt" "Last HoleTable Template Path"="Full_Patht\\hole table--sizes combined--letters.sldholtbt" [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SolidWorks\SolidWorks 2006\ExtReferences] "Document Template Folders"="Full_Patht" "Sheet Format Folders"="Full_Patht" "BOM Template Folders"="Full_Patht" "Macro Folders"="Full_Patht" "Hole Table Template Folders"="Full_Patht" "Revision Table Template Folders"="Full_Patht" "Content Manager Folders"="Full_Patht"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But you must be wery careful with windows regestry.

Reply to
alexei.roz

-----------------

Thank you for your support

I want to share all settings. NOT templates.

any ideas?

newbie

Reply to
info.lowyeah

You can make a reg file with the copy settings wizard. Then rename is from .sldreg to .reg and then edit the things you want added changed.

That seems like the easiest way. If you then just pick System options only, the users own settings will still be there.

Thanks @lex for sharing.

Reply to
Ronni