LDRS

Who is going?? (I'd like to meet as many of you as possible) and what are you flying?????

Reply to
Stephen

Mike Dickinson from OKC, if I can keep the camper running :O(. I put a picture on ABMR of one I am bringing to fly, the rocket not the kid :O). I also hope to Cert level 2 with a big red crayon, shown on my web page

Hope to see you there!

Reply to
Dickinson's

Although I will not be going, my trailer will attending in my place. Please stop by and say hello (yes, to my trailer). The trailer is not going to launch anything but it will be carrying quite a few rockets.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

Can we autograph it and write graffiti on it?

Has your MachBuster flown yet? No, my payload section hasn't yet either. But I do have a rocket to put it in now....

Kevin Rezac

Reply to
Kevin Rezac

Me Bill Richardson. Taking the LOC Cyclotron I won at last years LDRS and my 4" 38 mm upscale Fat Boy. Bill Richardson TRA 8703 L2

Reply to
BRich

No, you certainly may not. Trailers have rights too, you know. ;-)

Sad to say the Machbuster is not going to fly, as it was acquired for my collection.

Put that bay in something and let me know how it works out for you.

Reply to
Kurt Kesler

I'll be there, with the Lusty Cornmaiden and Stumpy (a 52 foot tall rocket). Might take something smaller, but haven't decided yet.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

Hmm,, I'm wondring NAR Superoc length limit would be if you extrapolated the rules out to the motor class used.

Alan

Reply to
Alan Jones

The post 1988 rules start at 25-50cm for 1/4A, and go up 25-50 per motor class:

Class Min Max

----- --- ---

1/4A 25 50 1/2A 50 100 A 75 150 B 100 200 C 125 250 D 150 300 E 175 350 F 200 400 G 225 450 h 250 500 i 275 550 j 300 600 k 325 650 l 350 700 m 375 750 n 400 800

Bob Kaplow

We are leaving in the morning (7/16) and we will have our display models and will be selling Marc Klinger's Rocket Screen Saver. Look for us on vendor row.

Most of my time will be getting ready for my L3 certification.

Regards,

Mark Saunders BSD High Power Rocketry Glendale, AZ

snipped-for-privacy@bsdrocketry.com

623-486-5655
Reply to
Mark Saunders

Going to try to make it there for Saturday.

J.A. Michel

Reply to
J.A. Michel

On 15 Jul 2003 12:47:57 -0500, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@eisner.encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) is alleged to have written:

Hmm.... 52 feet is 1600 cm, so it looks like they built it twice as tall as it needed to be.

In fact, the Aerotech Hybrids (assuming the largest, the 98mm M845HW) only total 6500 * 3 = 19500 N-s, which is about 90% of the way to the top of the "N" range. Thus, they are almost exactly twice as tall as they need to be for maximum points.

I wonder if it'll fold in half?

Is it staged or clustered? With a 6" tube, a 3-way cluster would have to either use motors around 2.5" diameter, or have the motor mounts stick out beyond the sides of the tube.

- Rick "Spent too much time with pen and paper" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Well, since it's LDRS time, someone has to ask the $64K question:

How many issues has Kelly caught up on the HPR commitment? And will the board do anything to rectify the problem, or will they give him yet another "one more chance"?

What will Kelly's excuse be this time, now that TRA has paid off his house, his truck, and his daughters education?

Bob Kaplow

People have received the June issue. I think he's about on target.

What problem are you refering to? I don't like that the physical size is smaller & I didn't like the content of 2 issues but, that's not a crime. I've encouraged the board to disolve the TRA/HPR relationship & let HPR stand on it's own but, I doubt that it will happen.

Excuse for what? Can anyone prove that TRA paid for his house, truck & daughter's education?

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

Not enough to count.

No.

Of course.

AND let him "keep the change" on insurance premium monies.

A Bruce Kelly excuse FAQ would reveal his excuses to be narrow in scope but varied in which outside force to blame at the time.

AND exceptionally long winded.

He could certainly use a vacation. How about a round the world cruise paid for in full with all expenses from the "insurance premium fund? Lord knows it is not being used for anything else but a slush fund.

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Allegedly yes but only in a court of law, not on rmr.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Maybe Judge Judy could make another appearemce here We could try him under RMR rules.

Phil Stein

Phil Stein

Reply to
Phil Stein

So.... you're bringing Smack Down to rmr? ; )

Sounds like a no holds barred grudge match to me. Maybe bring back G.L.O.W. from the mid 80's. You know, Gorgeous Ladies Of Wrestling?

Randy

Reply to
Stephen DeArman

Maybe GloW was attractive in the 80's but, at this point, I wouldn't wish her on Jerry.

I'd go for a steel cage match. Jerry vs Kelly. The winner gets HPR & the insurance money.

8-)

Phil Ste>

Phil Stein

Reply to