LDRS 23 - Whats Happening?

Was real excited to watch LDRS on the Discovery channel a few months ago. The multi-part show had everything from a flying outhouse to the
most launches at one time.
With LDRS in my own backyard in NY next month I was just wondering if we know of any great events that will be there. I know the ceiling will be alot lower than when it was out west so I won't expect the Gates brothers to fly some of the monster stuff I saw before on TV and DVD. But are there any good complex flights for example scheduled? Anyone from RMR going to LDRS? Any "M" or "N" flights lined up?
Joe C.
Just check the web site for the projects www.ldrs23.org
> Was real excited to watch LDRS on the Discovery channel a few months > ago. The multi-part show had everything from a flying outhouse to the > most launches at one time. > > With LDRS in my own backyard in NY next month I was just wondering if > we know of any great events that will be there. I know the ceiling > will be alot lower than when it was out west so I won't expect the > Gates brothers to fly some of the monster stuff I saw before on TV and > DVD. But are there any good complex flights for example scheduled? > Anyone from RMR going to LDRS? Any "M" or "N" flights lined up? > > Joe C.
Thanks. If I could see clearly it would help! I went to that site before I posted but I didn't see the PROJECTS link at the top of the page the first time around. No wonder why I can't get the fins on straight! 8-(
Joe C. www.joecool.org/myrockets.htm
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 15:28:25 -0400, "Les Kramer"

Joe C wrote:

Nah, I had to dig for a while to find it, too, once I knew it was there.
-Kevin
Hi Joe,
Check out the LDRS website http://www.ldrs23.org Under Projects you can view the Submitted 'BFR' Projects planned so far.
I'll be there, and am looking forward to it. -Rich
Joe C wrote:

I'll be there. I'm not sure of what I'm flying yet. I'm sure there will be plenty of big stuff going up.
When you get tired of the Gates Bros, check this out for a big un - http://www.mdrocketry.org/photos/LibertyLaunch/Liberty.html as far as I know, Gates' haven't gotten to anything this big.
On Wed, 16 Jun 2004 19:03:08 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@joecool.org (Joe C) wrote:

Joe As already mentioned.......check out the website. So far, there are 69 BFR (M and above) projects, registered. I've heard of two cancellations, but that still leaves more than a few:-)! Bunches of vendors, hundreds of registered flyers, flying bowling balls and plenty of motors. What more could a rocket guy ask for?
Lloyd Wood BRS President/Prefect LDRS 23 LD/RSO

(M
registered
Scantily clad cheerleaders?
Joel. phx
Launch that rocket, launch that rocket WAayyyyyyy up!
Fetching beer?

With flat heads that don't look like Doug. Is he still prancing around in that skirt?

My eyes! MY EYES!!!

Naaaah, they're only at METRA launches... :-)>

BFR
that

They weren't talking about you being there.....8-)
Joe C.

On 16 Jun 2004 22:59:56 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Actionxprs) wrote:

How about some good weather? 8-)
Thanks.
Joe C.

Be sure to come by the Pratt Hobbies booth. We won't be selling, since we're concentrating on supporting Hybrid Alley, but we will be showing some truly interesting stuff. Hint: if you want to fly an O motor but can't get a LEUP, you want to talk to us!
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com
snipped-for-privacy@joecool.org (Joe C) wrote in message

Doug,
Can you bring stuff ordered with you or should I order now & have it shipped? I want to get some tubular kevlar.
On 17 Jun 2004 13:55:04 -0700, snipped-for-privacy@rocketryonline.com (Doug Pratt) wrote:

Please pre-order and I'll bring your stuff. No shipping charge, of course.
Doug Pratt www.pratthobbies.com

To make it easier to get to the projects forums - I have added a link to the main "Projects" that will bring up the "Featured Projects" category. Within the Featured Projects category there is the BFR Projects (Complex L's, M & N), Cert Flights, Scale, and Bowling Ball Loft forums. There's still a week & half to go... if anyone wants a forum added for projects that don't fit one of these, just say so, and I'll create it.
Also let me note a few other LDRS 23 items...
There is still have plenty of space left for the banquet, which is open to anyone... you don't have to be a TRA member to attend.
Sometime sat night I should have a list of confirmed registered flyers on the website. Those flyers should have recieved by now - a confirmation & requested parking pass(es) in the mail. If your name does NOT appear on the website and you believe you registered, or if something on your confirmation does not look correct, please feel free to contact me. Note: For anyone who requested more than 3 parking passes, we only sent out 3 so as to keep the postage down. If you need more you can pick them up at the registration tent.
Also sometime sat night or sunday, we should have the Range Duty Manager online. Currently we have several other Prefectures who are lined up as range volunteer hosts for a shift - with some combination of filled, reserved, and open positions. The reserved positions are to be filled by the host prefecture... so if your prefecture is looking for volunteers for thier shift, now is the time for you to step forward. That leaves "open positions"... which are open to anyone wanting to volunteer. You will be able to volunteer online by registering to the site forums, and then selecting any open shifts. If any Prefecture wants to host a shift, we could still use one for the Thursday afternoon shift. Also if you want to volunteer, but are not sure if you are expierenced enough for a given position... we have a few xtra "trainee" positions builtin to the online signup.
Doug www.ldrs23.org