Parking fee at LDRS?

There has been talk for months about a parking fee at LDRS for spectators.
Anyone know what the fee will be?
I'm not paying the launch fee since I only have one rocket that is
flyable. If my big 17.5 foot tall rocket was ready then I would pay the
launch fee.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
Funny thing. I was thinking about making the trek from Philly with the family to watch the event. I plan to leave everything home and just enjoy the activity. But a parking fee of $20 no way! And, no in or out! Come on. I agree with Phil that's what you would pay in downtown Philly!
Dennis
Reply to
wiaterd
$5 a day I am pretty sure - it gives you a parking spot and helps to cover the costs of field rental, port-a-potties, etc. Keeps the flying fees down as well. The money has to come from somewhere.
Reply to
M Lampert
I'm not complaining about the fee, just wondering what the amount is. $10 for two days isn't going to keep me away.
On the other hand, flying fees this year are about the same as last year when parking was free. I've talked to two vendors in the past few days who won't be at LDRS in part due to all the fees BRS is charging.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
I would think their outrageous flyer fees and the completely insane vendor fees would cover the costs of porta-potties and field rental with enough left over to buy a house. I would have thought TRA would take some control over the fees the hosting club could charge.
Aren't we trying to improve the hobby? I would think at least not charging a spectator fee would be in place. Talk about really screwing people to make a buck.
-Rob Bazinet
Reply to
Rob Bazinet
I think a parking fee is a joke also but we don't know what the site is costing them. It may cost them nothing making the fee even more of a joke or it could be costing them big which will kill them with the low turnout this year.
Reply to
Chad L. Ellis
You know what MARS stands for? Making money is one thing that BRS agrees with MARS on. 8-)
Seriously, they do have some real nice launch equipement which ain't cheap.
Reply to
Phil Stein
>Brian Elfert wrote:
>> There has been talk for months about a parking fee at LDRS for spectators. >> >> Anyone know what the fee will be? >> >> I'm not paying the launch fee since I only have one rocket that is >> flyable. If my big 17.5 foot tall rocket was ready then I would pay the >> launch fee.
>Then you'd have to pay for two parking spaces. 8
Reply to
Brian Elfert
Two weeks ago, I paid $46 for ~3 hours near Carnegie Hall.
spectators.
Reply to
Gene
Pat Gordzelik said the local sheriff estimated the crowd on Saturday at over 2,500 at LDRS 2002 in Amarillo. The large crowd meant overflowing dumpsters and not enough portapotties.
If spectators don't pay, then flyer fees pay for it. Do you want to pay for all the spectators?
Is LDRS for flyers or spectators? A spectator fee won't keep the flyers away. For this LDRS, I believe flyers can get multiple parking passes, I think at no extra cost.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert
I'm in agreement, Rob, but if you've happened to notice the cost of other "decent" (non-crap) entertainment and sporting events these days, it's kinda in line.
My better half and I dropped $440 to see Cirque du Soleil a couple weeks ago. Madonna (WREETTCCHH!) tickets are $250 through TM. Sheesh, even baseball's a $150 afternoon.
Rockets are worth it and seeing some of you non-Easterners will be worth it, too. The cost of doing business, so to speak.
Reply to
Gene
Outrageous flyer fees??
Fees for flyers are slightly less this year than last year if I calculated right.
I paid $105 last year for certified days, EX days, insurance surcharge, and banquet. All that money and I never flew a rocket! My fault for neither of them not flying though.
Brian Elfert
Reply to
Brian Elfert

Site Timeline