Looking for LDRS room share

Any non-smokers out there want to save a few bucks by sharing a room in the vicinity of LDRS? I'm looking at Friday, Saturday, and maybe Sunday night.
Somehow I let time slip away...
Peter Alway
Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709 http://members.aol.com/satrnpress/saturn.htm Free scale data at: http://yellowjacketsystems.com/alway/Default.htm

OK, I got me a room at the Days In in geneseo. Of course, now I'm open to sharing the room to cut *my* expenses. It's got an extra bed that I don't need.
Peter Alway
Saturn Press PO Box 3709 Ann Arbor, MI 48106-3709 http://members.aol.com/satrnpress/saturn.htm Free scale data at: http://yellowjacketsystems.com/alway/Default.htm
PeteAlway wrote:

But, where do your rockets sleep? ;)
(PeteAlway) writes:

If you go to a rocket launch, you really ought to fly stuff. Even if it isn't HPR.
What you really need is a BFR with "BUY MY BOOK" stenciled down the side of it. Of course it would have to be a scale model of something...

Maybe, but at LDRS the price to fly a rocket includes BOTH an abusive flight fee AND the opportunity to stand in line for HOURS.
While standing near the modal impact distance of course :)

Point!
I thought people would jump at the chance to share a hotel room with Peter Alway......it's like sleeping with a celebrity!! -- Richard "why LDRS gotta cost so much? It discouraged me from going" Hickok
Rhhickok wrote:

Regarding "sleeping with a celebrity", I'm sorry, but the idea of sleeping WITH Peter Alway just doesn't do anything for me. And I'm quite sure that doesn't offend or upset Peter in the least.... 8-}
As far as LDRS "costing so much it discouraged me", in the grand scheme, the fliers fee is insignificant when I figure gas to get there, food for the family on the road for a week, hotels, etc. It's cheaper than shorter events I've attended for other hobby organizations.
Would I PREFER to pay less? You betcha. It'd leave more money for rockets. But if I have to choose between two LDRS-type rocketry events, one costs $50 and one costs $100, the cost difference isn't going to be what decides it for me. Location, the hosting club and where my friends are will.
-Kevin

That is a straw man arguement spoken like a true TRA webmaster.
It also should not cost more than it costs. TO ENCOURAGE MORE FOLKS TO ATTEND!!

Bi-polar moronic thinking leaving out the third PREFERABLE option. Charge actual cost and not one penny more and make all "promotional expenses" purely OPTIONAL.
Jerry wrote: << It also should not cost more than it costs. >>
You don't _know_ what it costs to host an LDRS at that site.

No. I know how much it costs to host DOZENS of launches, some far bigger than LDRS.
Jerry
I wrote:

Jerry replied: << No.>>
Thank you for admitting that you know nothing about the costs of holding a launch at that site.
<< I know how much it costs to host DOZENS of launches, some far bigger than LDRS. >>
You've never held a launch AS big as LDRS, much less anything bigger. Also, even the launches you once held at Lucerne were not encumbered by the BLM fees that would now be required there.

False. They are STILL not required where I held it.
As usual the rest of what you say is BS.
Jerry
I wrote:

Jerry replied: << False. They are STILL not required where I held it.>>
What, you mean the private property where the landowner said he'd never heard of you?
<< As usual the rest of what you say is BS. >>
Then prove it. Name one launch you held that had greater attendance than LDRS, and provide a reliable, verifiable source for the head count. You can't. We've been through this before.

I looked on Google to see if I could just post a link to show you a liar, but alas, I must simply refer you to Gary Rosenfield as my witness as to this being false. I am sure he is at LDRS as we speak and one of your many buddies can ask him (again) directly.
But post the answer so it is then searchable in the future and he need not be bothered again.
Jerry

Jerry Irvine wrote:

Gary says you are a pathological liar and nothing you say should be regarded as the truth.
Go ahead, post a copy of the letter giving you permission to fly rockets from private property, that you do not own!
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (RayDunakin) wrote in message

Ray, For months I thought I could stay out of this crap. Maybe it's the time of year that got to me, but enough is enough. Ray, I don't even like Jerry, or much of anything he does, but you know what. I have been to some of his FEST launches where I personally have counted 600 plus people in attendance, which is more people than several LDRS meets have had, and more even than the one gong on right now, So now you f**king moron, call ME a liar. And for the record, I made copies on the hotel copier of an FAA wavier Jerry had at a FEST launch, to use as an exapmle for my local FAA office when I was gong to hold a launch of my own, so I know he did have at least one wavier that was valid, so now all you other nay sayers can call me a liar too. And you know what else Ray, I live in a country where no matter what the outward evidence to the contrary, a person, no matter what kind of scum bag they are, are innocent until proven guilty, NOT guilty until proven innocent, and yet you, and many others, with your holier than thou, Lord over the people attitude, hate Jerry with such passion that you want him to prove his innocense ( which he may or may not be able to do in all cases ) and yet you will turn a blind eye to the activities of some of your friends which are just as detremental to the hobby as his. You say you are providing a counter view to "protect" the new commers to the hobby. BULLS**T Ray. You use the oportunities to dig at Jerry. You are providing your own interpatation, nothing more, nothing less, and showing your hatrated for a man. Ray do not even attemt to say you don't hate Jerry, your actions and those of others are proof that you do. What would you say if Bruce Kelly was hammered all the time to prove his innocense? There are people who hate him, and you take excetion with them. It's hate pure and simple Ray, not to mention uncivil ( and un-American ) to do this. You defend wrong doing on one hand, and shout at the top of your lungs about Jerry's wrong doings on the other. What a two faced person you are Ray. And don't bother trying to retract what you said, or rewrite it, or say that's not what you ment because Ray, you proved even to me today, just what type of person you REALLY are. I did my time Ray, long ago, in South East Asia to defend your right to your opinion, but this time Ray, take it from someone who knows some of the truth and believes in the American way of life, SHUT THE F**K UP!
snipped-for-privacy@yahoo.com (jay brown) wrote:

Wow. Thanks.
Yes I know you didn't do/say it "for me".
Jerry
jay brown wrote:

!!!
jay brown wrote:

Well. That should certainly put to rest any claims that "Jerry never had waivers" for his launches. (This alleged "lack of waivers" was the stated reason for TRA's refusing membership to him, wasn't it?)
-dave w