Any esprit users out there?

Anybody know how to select surfs by color, without knowing the exact color of the surf your picking?
I got 2 surfs on top of each other, and i need to put one of em on a
different layer. I need a select "all color" by picking on the thing.
Any ideas? Seems like a pretty common thing to do?

your talking vb and maybe. But i figured its such a common thing it would be in the main menu
On Friday, 31 October 2014 01:04:24 UTC, vinny wrote:

I could give it a try in VB if you still want it.
Or you could export IGES and do it in Mastercam. Then delete the whole mess and import the stuff that is needed.
DanP

I wonder if i check "stich it into a solid" when i open the iges file? Maybe i will get a solid and some surfs, then i can mask them individually? Then put them on their own layers. Solids on one, surfs on another. That would work...if it works.
On Friday, 31 October 2014 01:04:24 UTC, vinny wrote:

Start VB add and run this
Sub SelectByColour() On Error Resume Next
Dim SelectedObject As Esprit.GraphicObject, ObjectHandler As Esprit.GraphicObject Set SelectedObject = Document.Group.Item(1) For Each ObjectHandler In Document.GraphicsCollection If ObjectHandler.Color = SelectedObject.Color Then Call Document.Group.Add(ObjectHandler) Next End Sub
Before running select one element, after running all elements with that element colour will be selected.
DanP

very nice. Looks easy to build on. I cant wait to try it out. Usually I dont want to go to work. nice.