Any crochet patterns to share ?

If you are a crochet-lover like we are, visit www.crochetmania.com and share your patterns, tips or ideas with
other crochetmaniacs .
--
MAF Anti-Spam ID: 20040721162716P3c6EeZ4

Now, this group is (sadly) prone to off topics but this takes the cake :)
Laurie Forbes

Stay away from these people - crotchet sharing is an absolute cesspool of intellectual property piracy.
Tom

Laurie Forbes wrote:

You don't crochet with "needles" a crochet hook is used. Needles are used to Knit with. :-) ...lew... Who did a little of both as a kid about 65 yrs ago

Hey, I knew that :)
Lew Hartswick wrote:

Yep - the crochet hook can be deadly - years ago, as a young hippy, was visiting friends - the lady of the house sat on one, (the barbed end of course) - it was interesting getting it out of her arse, to say the least. Still remember the pattern on her underwear........very nice....
Andrew VK3BFA.
On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:20:52 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom

Tom, we'll have to take your word for it, you top-posting, crocheting, provocateur.
-- Vidi, Vici, Veni --- http://diversify.com Comprehensive Website Development

Did your Ceasar come from the back?
Veni, vidi, vici. -> I came, I saw, I had a victory
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de

It's sexual humor, Nick. "I saw, I conquered, I came." Think about it for awhile. I'm sure it'll cum to you. ;)
--
As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
--Leonard da Vinci (1452-1519)

So my question about cesar wasn't that wrong (unintended, I have to admit). :-))
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:08:12 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Mller) quickly quoth:

Nope. You've no doubt heard the rep of those Greeks and Romans.
--
As a well spent day brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.
--Leonard da Vinci (1452-1519)
Larry Jaques wrote:

On this subject, I wanted some data on silver steel tonight. I searched for "silver steel" and this is what came up:
http://www.silverandsteel.co.uk/ss0.htm
Which one of you guys is responsible? :-D
By the way, I was wanting to know (very roughly) how much harder silver steel is compared to mild steel. I can get a good variety of round silver steel in small quantities, but have had a little difficulty threading it with a die. Maybe this is just to be expected?
Chris

Yes, it is harder. Silver steel is called "drill rod" in the US, so you might get more hits googling.
silver steel here in Germany is 1.2210, the US drill rod is a bit better quality. Yours (British) is quite the same as ours. 1.2210 is 115CrV3 Have no data about strength. MS (CRS) would be 1.0037 AKA S235JR or something in that ballpark. It has a upper yield stress of 235 N/mm^2 or a tensile strength of about 360 N/mm^2

Yes. Use cutting oil (as always), that helps.
Nick
--
Motor Modelle // Engine Models
http://www.motor-manufaktur.de
On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 20:05:10 +0000 (UTC), with neither quill nor

Ouch! Not I!

Nevahoiduvit. It's a Brit thing, wot? Googling "silver steel", I find:
http://www.tool-up.co.uk/shop/diy/EML1.html?id=p3P3iH8V http://www.westyorkssteel.com/Product_Info/Tool_Steel/silver.htm
1% carbon? Yeah, though I'm no expert on metals, it sounds like it might be tough to thread.
--
"The more I study religions the more I am convinced that man never
worshiped anything but himself." -- Sir Richard Francis Burton

    [ ... ]

    Yep! It is their name for what we call "drill rod".

    Just as drill rod is.
    Enjoy,         DoN.

You're thinking of "Quilting" -
For those who don't know what Tom was referring to, it's when people break a CD into small easily downloadable chunks. The downloader then reassembles the chunks into a complete CD - quilts them together. e.g. Machinery's Handbook was mentioned here at one point in the last year as being available free in quilted form.
RWL
******* Recreate gaps in email address to reply *******
On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 09:17:19 -0500, RWL <GeoLane_NOSPAM_

Hmmm, I thought he was referring to the practice of sharing copyrighted patterns, which actually does happen a lot.
Hadn't heard of breaking up & reassembling CDs as "quilting". You learn something new every day!
Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin
As Mike says, I was referring to the widespread practice of sharing copyrighted crochet patterns. These little old ladies would almost make video and music pirates look like good citizens in comparison, so I've read. And they get away with it, with impunity. After all, who's going to prosecute someone's granny for posting copyrighted material on the web site that she had her grandson build for her, and sharing it with any other little old grannies who want to download it?
I tell ya, it's a war zone out there ;-)
Tom Dacon
wrote in message

Oh, I don't know. I can do some fairly neat things with a forge, hammer, and anvil; braiding, pattern welding, etc, and a friend of mine made metal "textiles" in one of his jewelry courses.
Might be hard to hold the crochet hook doing it with hot steel though.
Let's see: Two single crochet, one double, another two single....OUCH!
Knitting maybe? There are machines that do that. Sorta.