Any crochet patterns to share ?

If you are a crochet-lover like we are, visit

and share your patterns, tips or ideas with other crochetmaniacs .

Reply to
Sophia Stavropoulou

Now, this group is (sadly) prone to off topics but this takes the cake :)

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

Stay away from these people - crotchet sharing is an absolute cesspool of intellectual property piracy.

Tom

Reply to
Tom Dacon

LOL Actually I may have to retract my comment as crochet needles are sometimes made of metal are they not?

Laurie Forbes

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

Oh, I don't know. I can do some fairly neat things with a forge, hammer, and anvil; braiding, pattern welding, etc, and a friend of mine made metal "textiles" in one of his jewelry courses.

Might be hard to hold the crochet hook doing it with hot steel though.

Let's see: Two single crochet, one double, another two single....OUCH!

Knitting maybe? There are machines that do that. Sorta.

Reply to
John Husvar

Try it with 28 ga. copper wire. You have to keep annealing it with a torch, and oiling it.

You think I'm joking, don't you? Try doing a lanyard braid while you're at it. Heh, heh...

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

If you want to see some gorgeous metal crochet work, check out this artist's page:

Regards,

Bob

Reply to
Bob

You don't crochet with "needles" a crochet hook is used. Needles are used to Knit with. :-) ...lew... Who did a little of both as a kid about 65 yrs ago

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

Hey, I knew that :)

Reply to
Laurie Forbes

Ok so now this is the crochet .metalworking group. If you can get a bridgeport to crochet then I will be severely impressed Speaking of which Has anybody see that special on PBS called Animusic? Seriously cool animation set to kinda soft rock music. Freakin impressive

Reply to
daniel peterman

Yep - the crochet hook can be deadly - years ago, as a young hippy, was visiting friends - the lady of the house sat on one, (the barbed end of course) - it was interesting getting it out of her arse, to say the least. Still remember the pattern on her underwear........very nice....

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

On Thu, 15 Dec 2005 09:20:52 -0800, with neither quill nor qualm, "Tom Dacon" quickly quoth:

Tom, we'll have to take your word for it, you top-posting, crocheting, provocateur.

-- Vidi, Vici, Veni ---

Comprehensive Website Development

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Or clean up the end of a 2" cable that was cut and needs an eye. Sewing and Knot class would have been nice to have in High School.

Ed Huntress wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Did your Ceasar come from the back?

Veni, vidi, vici. -> I came, I saw, I had a victory

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

You're thinking of "Quilting" -

For those who don't know what Tom was referring to, it's when people break a CD into small easily downloadable chunks. The downloader then reassembles the chunks into a complete CD - quilts them together. e.g. Machinery's Handbook was mentioned here at one point in the last year as being available free in quilted form.

RWL

******* Recreate gaps in email address to reply *******
Reply to
RWL

Hmmm, I thought he was referring to the practice of sharing copyrighted patterns, which actually does happen a lot.

Hadn't heard of breaking up & reassembling CDs as "quilting". You learn something new every day!

Mike Mike Patterson Please remove the spamtrap to email me. "I always wanted to be somebody...I should have been more specific..." - Lily Tomlin

Reply to
Mike Patterson

As Mike says, I was referring to the widespread practice of sharing copyrighted crochet patterns. These little old ladies would almost make video and music pirates look like good citizens in comparison, so I've read. And they get away with it, with impunity. After all, who's going to prosecute someone's granny for posting copyrighted material on the web site that she had her grandson build for her, and sharing it with any other little old grannies who want to download it?

I tell ya, it's a war zone out there ;-)

Tom Dacon

Reply to
Tom Dacon

On Fri, 16 Dec 2005 10:50:23 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

It's sexual humor, Nick. "I saw, I conquered, I came." Think about it for awhile. I'm sure it'll cum to you. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

So my question about cesar wasn't that wrong (unintended, I have to admit). :-))

Nick

Reply to
Nick Müller

On Sat, 17 Dec 2005 17:08:12 +0100, with neither quill nor qualm, snipped-for-privacy@gmx.de (Nick Müller) quickly quoth:

Nope. You've no doubt heard the rep of those Greeks and Romans.

Reply to
Larry Jaques