Any fanuc experts out there?

Like every friggen cnc guy on the planet knows fanuc...but...
I would love to get T5M6 on one line in MDI. I looked thru the toolchange
macro and cannot for the life of me figure a way to get it all on one line. I'd say it can't be done, but I'm tired of looking stupid.
Has anybody figured out how to do this, or, does anybody run a fanuc that is able to run T3M6?

I havn't seen one that can't. unless it needs T0303M06
db

Nor I.
If I understand the OP's question correctly this will execute as a single block in MDI:
T5 input M6 input cycle start

Nor I.
If I understand the OP's question correctly this will execute as a single block in MDI:
T5 input M6 input cycle start\
**** T5M6 input cycle start
That's what I am trying to achieve.

What flavor (model) Fanuc? 0 6 15?
--
~G~

Vinny, The control has the M6 written as a macro. Very common, and useful.
Just enter: M6T5 input Cycle Start
if it doesn't see the M6 first in the line, it gets "confused"

Vinny, The control has the M6 written as a macro. Very common, and useful.
Just enter: M6T5 input Cycle Start
if it doesn't see the M6 first in the line, it gets "confused"
********* If this works you get a very special prize, my respect.

It might. I've seen machines where the order mattered.
JC

Vinny, The control has the M6 written as a macro. Very common, and useful.
Just enter: M6T5 input Cycle Start
if it doesn't see the M6 first in the line, it gets "confused"
******** It didn't work. :( Bummer.

Try and down load the 9000 series programs. Your tool change macro will be one of them if it's done as a macro. Screw with it at your peril.....
JC

You run the tool change and quickly see it load 2009. So i looked over 2009, i couldnt find anything to pull that off with.

It's protected - from you BTW. You might be able to begin creating a new program and do an "Insert Program" using that program.
JC

Just enter whatever preparation commands that to be done as a short subprogram in your main memory and then don't mistakenly delete the sub.
The subprogram which follows is for one of my machines which is a 4 axis horizontal machining center having 8 pallet pool and a separate floor mounted 80 tool hive all interfaced to a 6m fanuc controller ( a configuration in which there is a for all 3 axis to pre-positioned to second ref point via issuance of G30 prior to executing any actual M6 code and so there is proximity verification switches built into the plc ladder)--(and so it follows the the program below would need to be altered on as-needed basis in order to suit any specific machine because for instance with your typical vertical there is no need to position the x and y axis all and also the physical toolchanger arm position most likely corresponds to the home position G91G28Z0) :
% :9000 M05 M09 (BPC TOOL CHG. SUB PROG. 9000) G0 G91 M19 G30X0Y0Z0 M06 G0X-4.Y-4. G90 M99 %
Once your sub resides in main memory, all you will then need to do for single line tool change in MDI mode is to execute the sub by entering the following block of code and then press your cycle start:
T14M98P9000
HTH

Like this idea if the other suggestions don't work.
Write a tool change macro and tie it to a custom G code so Vinny only has to input something like G??T3 (to execute tool change macro and call up tool #3).
So Vinny what Fanuc you got? Macro B enabled?

Like this idea if the other suggestions don't work.
Write a tool change macro and tie it to a custom G code so Vinny only has to input something like G??T3 (to execute tool change macro and call up tool #3).
So Vinny what Fanuc you got? Macro B enabled?
***** There's a book for that, I will find out today if it is. *****

M codes are written by the MTB, not Fanuc. I've seen this work both ways on milling machines and sometimes for good reason.
You will have to change the PLC.
JC

The macro runs when M6 is ran. I wish it was when the T is ran, I could just add an M6 to it. But I'm afraid your right, can't be done as the software is currently written.
On Mar 2, 11:01pm, "John R. Carroll"

Yup...this is a MTB issue, not Fanuc. I have seen this before on a Mori....would error out whenever you tried it on the same line. Never could get a straight answer as to why....

Tool needs to be staged in carosel / turret prior to executing M6, ran a Mori that had that "feature", same as Zym. Thus, as said earlier: T6 enter m6 enter cycle start