Any fanuc experts out there?

Now that I think of it...the Mori was even more confusing. Lets say your first toolchange went like this...
T1 (eob) M6 (eob)
would bring up tool 1
now to mess with your head.....
T1 (eob) M6 T2 (eob)
would bring up tool 1 and stage tool 2...and the next toolchange would look like this....
M6 T3 (eob)
That would change to tool 2 and stage tool 3. Once you got used to it it was not bad....I always used to make redundant callouts just to keep things straight.
(eob) = End Of Block
vinny wrote:

Vinny, My Fanuc Oi control runs like that.
--

Regards,
Steve Saling

You never told us which control you are asking about. 0? 6? 10? 11? 15? 16? 18? 21i? 0i? 31i?
FWIW, on my 18mc I can MDI M6 T2 EOB, insert, cycle start. Or T2 M6 EOB, insert, cycle start. Same results either way.
--
Remove "nospam" to get to me.

I tried that, no luck.
I forgot to check the version, i will tommorrow and post it. I think it was O something.

16?
Virtually every machining center that I've ever encountered which had any of the relatively early series fanuc controllers needed at a minimum to have the z axis separately commanded to atc home position or else it would hang on the M06.
Typically, the operator does this either by manually initiating a reference return or via MDI execution of the line G91G0G28Z0

My dad can beat up your dad... M's hooked up to an argumentative O9xxx-sub take prescience to the builded in m-cods. That is an feature not a exploitable bug. I use this on 18T(A)s cuz Mirror On is next to sub air on. And Mirror On does not go away with a re-boot. So I programmed a sub and hooked it to the Mirror On M and it simply issues mirror off. Took a while to figure out that one. Fun.
then M6T4761
or just stack em up mit nine customisen-sub T232;m6;<putin><gogogadget>
Weave got mill/turns that must do tool changes called from auto/memory/run mode. call the program - search T(five digits lest to load the wrong tool or just an wrong offset) - edit said searched T - reset - run. .vs T2;M6;. Whhhaaaaaa.
But is has been fun.....admit it.

what?