G52 on a Fanuc 0MC

I programmed a job that was longer than my travel so I put in a M00 to move the part over in the vises and moved my x zero over 16". This did not work out too well when I actually set the job up, I could only use a move of 12" to still have the part stick out the right vise to machine the end. So.. I added a G52 X4. to leave the program as is but allow me to only move the part 12".

The question is. Is there anyway to tell that the G52 X4. is active in the control, I don't see it anywhere on any screen. How can I tell if I forget to cancel it? other than the machine moves 4" past where it should?

1995 Fanuc 0MC on a YCM Supermax Rebel 1 VMC.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

No way to tell that I know of. You just need the G52 X-4. to cancel. On the first run, look to see where the machine goes, and if necessary correct your code. It will stay put.

-plh

Reply to
plh

plh wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@drn.newsguy.com:

You could check the system variable if the control has Macro "B".

Reply to
D Murphy

Good point. Are you familiar with Macro, Randy? Even if not you can look it up in the book and find the system variable associated with G52. The "Gs" generally have their own series, 4000, IIRC. (@ home now, no book readily available.)

-plh

Reply to
plh

Not familiar with macro at all, any quick checks to see what I have?

BTW, on this Fanuc anyway G52 X0. cancels it.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

To find out if the control even HAS macro B, try this: Go to MDI & enter #1 = 1. If you don't get an error it means you have Macro B. Hunt around through the offset menu pages and at some point you should find a lost of numbers starting with either 500, 100, or 1. The series starting with 1 usually has 33 entries that is there are 33 registers numbered in sequence. Once you have found one series the others can't be far off. When you find the l - 33 series the space for 1 should show a value of 1. If you then put in G0 G91 X[#1] it should move one inch in positive X. To actually make use for your program you would have to know the 4000 series register for the activity of G52. Say it's #4111 (I am just guessing now). Then you code would say something like #1 = #4111 and you would the check register 1. BTW registers 1 - 33 clear on reset. You know what might be simpler? All the Fanuc controls I have ever seen have a screen somewhere that lists the active codes, G, M, etc. Find that & monitor it.

-plh

Reply to
plh