CNC control jog pushbutton layout

On my VMC with a Fanuc 0MC control the push buttons are laid out on the panel to represent table movement not tool movement. IE the X- button is to the right of the rapid button in the middle. This might be OK for an operator to run the machine but as I also program it and I am used to +/- in relation to the tool, I'm thinking I should pull the buttons and relocate them.

What is normal on other controls? Is this even normal for a Fanuc or did my machine tool builder just do it this way?

bad picture of the control.....

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

No replies?? no opinions?? or was my question that poorly worked?

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy

The layout you describe is pretty typical from what I've seen. You press a button on the right side of the keypad, and the table moves to the right to bring the x minus quadrant under the spindle. If you change your thinking to moving the part to the tool instead of moving the tool to the part (which is what is really happening, anyway), your thought process will more closely match the machine tool designers'.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

you have table movement and you have part positioning.

Michael

Reply to
michael