Rigid Tapping on Fanuc 0Mc

Well.... Thanks for everyone's help on the tapping issue. And it looks like I don't have rigid on my machine like it was advertised when purchased but oh well.... After I confirm what's required I would like to have it installed on my machine in KY however I'm not sure I can pony up those Benjamin's vs. what a good quality tapping head would be.....unless some kind soul in the Ohio Valley region is so dutifully versed in the installation of said option and is interested in some night time work......wink wink... you get the picture...

Anyway again thanks to all who helped and especially to the IRC folks.. That is a great thing being able to pick everyone's brain real time without the LD....DW / Precision / John THANKS!

Pedroman

To reply just fix the devil's mark and it will hit home!

Reply to
Pedroman

Naww, I cant go there but if you're really in a pinch let me know, I can ship you out a loaner bilz tap chuck and adapter having a 5/8 straight shank you can use for a while to get you by.

Im quite sure I can safely speak for those others and say you are entirely welcome.

Reply to
PrecisionMachinisT

That's kind of you...I did just chuck up my tapmatic from the manual and got to work with that. Works fine except it was a pain to orient a stop bar since this machine has a rotating carousel for a tool changer and the spindle really didn't have an easy bolt hole to use. But it's workin...

I have discovered that I have everything I need except for 1) turning the parameter on and 2) an upgraded EPROM set... And Fanuc wants $1600 to send someone down for 30 minutes of work....Trip charge is $950 alone from Cincinnati, less than 100 miles one way! NOT!~

Next machine will probably NOT have a Fanuc control on it....HEAR THAT FANUC.....

Sorry had to vent.

Again THANKS!

Pedroman

Reply to
Pedroman

PedroMan, I thought that you just bought the machine and it was sold to you as having rigid tapping. Don't you have recourse through who ever sold it to you? I'd try and get them to pony up the $1600.

Worst case, pay the $1600, the rigid tapping will pay for itself in the long run.

Reply to
Garlicdude

We went through the same thing when FANUC charged us 1K for turning on the Macro B function on one of our lathes....they were at the machine for all of 15 mins.....seems like a lot of pain to take but I'll tell you what...we made the 1K back in under a month...we will always use FANUC for our control of choice.....

Reply to
EvilScooby

Tension/ compression tap holders are less than $1600 Just use the standard non-rigid tap cycle and use a floating holder. Maybe have Fanuc install the option if you ever need to have them there for another reason.

Ebay has more ten/comp holders than rigid holders.

Thank You, Randy

Remove 333 from email address to reply.

Reply to
Randy