need a new armature

Hi, I have an old milwaukee 5300 hammerdrill. While using it today I let the smoke out:-( I took it apart and it is very well built plus I have the bits so is it possible to have the motor it rebuilt?

I noticed that the insulation was falling off the wires in the armuture and where it wasn't falling off it was all black. I'm assuming that the field windings are also in the same sad shape and will fail soon.

Does anyone know of a rebuild places or is it possible to get a new armature and field windings?

Al

Reply to
Al Brown

Jon Petrzelka

Southern Winding Service in Tampa, Fl has done a couple of armatures that size for me and did them well.

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

For my curiosity - how much does something like that cost? Bob

Reply to
Bob Engelhardt