Any hobbiest CNC out there?

I need a taper bar made, very simple. It would cost too much to have it done through a mchine shop. Anyone willing to do it at a reasonable cost? Essentially I just need 2 slots cut into a piece of aluminum that is 44" long on an angle.

Thanks,

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley

What's reasonable?

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Less than a Machine Shop.

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley

How much does the machine shop want?

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Ask China, it will be cheap .

Reply to
Why

Do you do this type of work? If you are interested email me. HopsnBarley at cogeco.ca

Reply to
HopsNBarley

I can do this type of work, but I think shipping costs from Seattle to Detroit might push the envelope of trying to be cheaper than your local shop. But for about the cost of free I can tell you how I would do it in my garage by hand.

Later,

Charlie

Reply to
Charlie Gary

Charlie check your email....I hope it's correct.

Glenn

Reply to
HopsNBarley