Mazak 6300Y eating mill spindle knuckles???

This machine is about 16 months old and is eating up mill spindle knuckles. The gears are failing. This will be the 4th one now. I am running it at 4000 rpm's a lot. Any one else having these problems??? Mazak is still covering them under warranty but soon they will not and I don't want to keep putting them in every 4 months

Reply to
briwoo

I'm familiar with the 6200Y machines, but have never used a 6300. There are several design weaknesses (in my own opinion) in the milling drive systems. Some, I might be able to help or advise about. But what part are you calling a "knuckle"? There's a milling head gear inside the turret, the actual "live tool holders" that mount on the turret, and there's a gear and shaft arrangement behind the turret that drives both the turret index and the milling package.

Care to share more info?

KG

Reply to
Kirk Gordon

I know these turrets weakness also. The milling head gear inside the turret is what is failing. The teeth on the gears are failing. We have no trouble with our 625multi which has the same turret design as a 15ms or a 18ms super quick turn. I have designed a one piece shaft and gear for the 625, 15, and 18. looks like we are going to have to do the same for this.I was just wondering if anyone else is having the same problems......By the way we are making the one piece design for parlec/Bristol tool and zettle pneumatic to use in there live tool holders also....They use bigger bearing and life is 10 fold longer....

Brian

Reply to
briwoo