Beijing Precision Machine Tool Works

Looking at a machine... not working, but the price is right. It looks heavy though. A lot heavier than my little Hurco KMB1... just looking at it. I'd guess easily twice the weight, but I do not know for sure.

Says its a Beijing Precision Machine Tool Works Type 1990 (Chinese character) 9 (Chinese character). If anybody knows what this machine is for sure and has specs on it I would sure appreciate it.

I'm trying to determine what it weighs, and some of the other specs to decided if its worth the effort to try and go get it.

I've talked to a couple farmers I know who run trucks to the area. Probably be a lot cheaper to haul it back on one of theirs than to hire a rigger, but I'd have to arrange loading and unloading so their truck isn't sitting their doing nothing. I guess the distance at around 500 miles door to door, so its not a trivial across town plow and pray move.

Its got a few things that make it look like it might be worth a long term retrofit like I did with the KMB1 so many years back.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

On 5/21/2018 7:25 PM, Gunner Asch wrote: > On Mon, 21 May 2018 18:07:16 -0700, Bob La Londe > wrote: > >> Looking at a machine... not working, but the price is right. It looks >> heavy though. A lot heavier than my little Hurco KMB1... just looking >> at it. I'd guess easily twice the weight, but I do not know for sure. >> >> Says its a Beijing Precision Machine Tool Works Type 1990 (Chinese >> character) 9 (Chinese character). If anybody knows what this machine is >> for sure and has specs on it I would sure appreciate it. >> >> I'm trying to determine what it weighs, and some of the other specs to >> decided if its worth the effort to try and go get it. >> >> I've talked to a couple farmers I know who run trucks to the area. >> Probably be a lot cheaper to haul it back on one of theirs than to hire >> a rigger, but I'd have to arrange loading and unloading so their truck >> isn't sitting their doing nothing. I guess the distance at around 500 >> miles door to door, so its not a trivial across town plow and pray move. >> >> Its got a few things that make it look like it might be worth a long >> term retrofit like I did with the KMB1 so many years back. >> > > Got a link and photos? At 28 yrs old..its not terribly old. Depending > on the size..small ones not so good..bigger ones..better..more > industrial use so they are built better... > > first of all..is it CNC? Whos guts is in it? Fanuc? Heiderlien? > Great Noodle and Dragon Works? > > > --- > This email has been checked for viruses by Avast antivirus software. >

Its CNC. Recognizable control. Not "Yoo-CNC" Sadly I may have missed the opportunity. Took me a couple days to arrange trucking options. No response since.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I just heard from the owner again today.

55x21x12 XYZ He thinks. That is big for me. Would be bigger than any job I have done or had a quote request for. I get quote requests for specific 14x14 plates fairly often. It would sure be nice to throw a couple plates on the table and walk away.

4 or 5K spindle he says, but it has a FREQROL spindle controller that I think is setup for 11K if I understand the pictures correctly. Has a low gear for tapping. I suspect 4-5K may be in low gear.

Says the old owner told him (he bought a shop that includes this non-working machine) they had to use a 15K forklift to move it. It looks big, so I can believe its heavy.

The control console says Dynapath, and inside the cabinet is a cover over "something" with data that says Dynapath, but the lower part of the cabinet has an array of boards that look a lot like the Randtronics boards I jerked out of the Hurco and eventually threw away.

I have to be honest though. I would probably gut it out and retrofit it to something newer and easier for me to understand and service.

Reply to
Bob La Londe