Chucking Reamers?

So what is the big difference in straight flute and spiral flute reamers... other than a few degrees.

Seriously the spirals I see don't have enough flute angle to really draw chips out, and for the most part if I am drawing chips out of the hole with a reamer I bored the hole to small to begin with.

I was filling in some of the badly worn (or broken) sizes in my sets today (mostly replacing with better quality since those are obviously sizes I use more) and wondered if there was any over riding benefit to getting spiral flute chucking reamers for the replacements.

Reply to
Bob La Londe

I've heard that spiral reamers are better for holes with internal features - like keyways.

Reply to
Bill

I've heard that spiral reamers are better for holes with internal features - like keyways.

***** I could totally see that. Thanks.
Reply to
Bob La Londe

Jim Wilkins