Parking fee at LDRS?

POTROCS also got major local publicity in the early days of the launch. A typical LDRS doesn't get as much coverage, I don't think.

My wife and I were at a typical "toursity" type place the Friday of LDRS and someone asked what we were in town for. When we told the two women working there, they mentioned having seen something on the local news the night before.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski

I'm going only to watch rockets and visit with vendors and flyers. I won't be flying any rockets. I also plan to buy a fair amount of stuff.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Cesaroni doesn't even sell direct, so they aren't going to be swarmed with buyers. Other vendors sell plenty of Cesaroni stuff.

Some vendors say LDRS makes or breask their entire year.

I've also talked to a vendor locally and he only broke even at LDRS last year after gas, hotel, and meals for himself and his daughter. He still had a lot of fun and got a free trip to LDRS.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

Good man! Set a good example!

Support LOC, RCS, CTI, and yes even AMW. This industry needs the vendors to survive until the leaders pull their head out of their ass.

Jerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Any such event needs an "emergency growth plan" in the event of larger than expected attendance.

One launch we had more than double the expected attendance so we ordered double the porta potties a day after the first ones were delivered. They still filled up, but at least it was not an emergency because we had our vendors "on call".

ShitmasterJerry

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

30%

70%

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Now THAT should be in the FAQ! ;)

Reply to
RayDunakin

I agree!

Reply to
RayDunakin

Was she worth it?

- Rick "just wonderin'..." Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

Ani DiFranco? Ummmmmmmmmm........ :-)>

Reply to
Gene

He knows himself well.

Chad L. Ellis

Is it BRS, or is it TRA?

If you're looking for a week of bargain rocket flying, come to NARAM next month. You can get 7 days of sport flying for $25, no vendor fees that I'm aware of, no parking fees, no insurance surcharges, etc.

Bob Kaplow

My understanding is there were no vendor fees at all last year. The host club sets the fees.

Yeah, NARAM where I can watch A, B, and C rockets fly all day long.

My smallest rocket takes H-I motors and I haven't flown it in several years. My biggest rocket takes a central O motor with six 75mm outboards. The motor I fly most often is the Hypertek M motor.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

How can they do that?

:)

Oh wait, they do not have to pay a huge "franchise fee" to national for the "privelidge" of hosting the launch :)

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

To be fair NARAM sport launches have become predominantly HPR.

INCLUDING Level 3.

You don't fly Q's and S's? You wimp!

Reply to
Jerry Irvine

Jerry, I thought were going to LDRS? How come you are still posting to RMR?

I suppose you have a laptop with a cell phone at LDRS so you can keep up your RMR addiction.

I'm leaving for LDRS in about 3 hours. I'll be there Saturday and Sunday.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

No, because we don't know if we could handle some of the peripheral logistics AND we're not sure if the landowners would go for it (there are four adjoining landowners and not all very friendly).

We would love to do it, metaphorically speak>

Reply to
Gene

There are some in our club who would also like to host LDRS, but we simply don't have the facilities to do so.

Our site has basically no parking and not enough space for vendors, spectators, and flyers.

Brian Elfert

Reply to
Brian Elfert

But you have to admit, our site is phenomenally nice! We here in MN have a huge and beautiful sod farm to fly on with a 10k waiver and windows to 15k. The only negative is that the adjacent fields have different owners and some of those owners are not that *friendly*. Even get a full signal on my cell :)

Ted Novak TRA#5512

Reply to
the notorious t-e-d

We don't get to launch off of a sod farm, but we do have set-aside acreage, including 2 acres that we can pretty much do as we please with. That's allowed us to put some rock on the "road", and will allow us to bury cable to make setup easier.

Local landowners are great; nobody minds us hiking through the fields in search of lost rockets. When they find 'em, they either bring 'em to us at the next launch, or leave 'em on the porch of the couple whose land we launch from.

As for the cell coverage, you've got me beat there. 8-{ Marginal signal, at best.

-Kevin

Reply to
Kevin Trojanowski