AHPRA Bowling Ball Loft, LDRS 2004

Arizona High Power Rocketry Association will be once again holding the bowling ball loft at LDRS.
For LDRS 23 the Bowling Ball Loft class will be I-Lite. This was chosen to
best suit the field size and waiver restrictions at the New York site.
Rockets will be launched for maximum altitude with a payload of one eight pound bowling ball using an I motor from the approved list.
In addition to the regular cornucopia of prizes AHPRA gets from vendors there is the potential to win up to $1000 (One Thousand Dollars US) cash if you set the new I Lite record during the contest.
For more information see the following
http://www.ahpra.org/bowlingball.htm
http://www.ahpra.org/BBLmain.htm
http://splitsecond.com/rocketry/win1000ldrs23.html
Mark Clark
www.ahpra.org

if
I'm in!
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau www.rocketmaterials.org NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3 www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply
Having flown with Geoff Elder for about 2 years now...I have come to respect his techniques. I don't dare compete with that! 8lb bowling ball, 3oz rocket:-D
My bet is on him...prove me wrong?

I suppose that's my goal. ;-)
See you at LDRS!
-- Drake "Doc" Damerau www.rocketmaterials.org NEPRA President NAR Section 614 NAR 79986 L3 www.nepra.com Remove "My Shorts" to reply
snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (Dan Patell) wrote:

Competition weenies like Irvine and Kaplow are excluded from TRA BBL by virtue of their TRA memberships being on permanant rervoke status despite mere 3 year revokations.
Jerry

Let me call you a Wahhhh-bulance.
Skooter

Clarification: My TRA membership was not revoked. Bruce refused to accept my renewal. Something that he (nor any one else in TRA) did not have the power to do. Of course TRA officials acting in a manner that violates TRA rules is NOT something that gets you in trouble...

Clarification... THIS Topic is titled "AHPRA Bowling Ball Loft, LDRS 2004". Take your gripes to a another topic.
Doug Caskey BRS Inc. - VP
snipped-for-privacy@aol.comeggsspam (RocketWeb) writes:

Jerry didn't write that. I did.

Someone, probably Jerry, posted in this thread that I couldn't participate in BBL because my membership was revoked. That is not quite correct. I reponded to the error where it was posted.
A long time ago in a galaxy far far away, Jerry was a noted competition flier. I recall sharing a podium with him at one of my early NARAMs, in Dual Eggloft! I think he and I would both be very competitive in this event if we could compete.
Serious question: As an L2 NAR member, can I come to LDRS-2004 and participate in everything except for the EX launch?
And not pay any insurance surcharges that don't cover me? After all I already have my own rocket insurance that covers me at LDRS. Only TRA insurance is limited in what rocket events it covers.
Hey, even though I don't drink the stuff myself, I'll bring you guys some beer from Chicago if I do come...

Correct.
Correct with EVIDENCE. Now if only we had a photo of that unusual moment!

Kaplow and Irvine at LDRS?
Don't cross the streams!!
No more pivotal example has ever been said on rmr!
Jerry

On 25 Dec 2003 07:20:47 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

NAR members can fly at TRA launches. I've never seen an exception for you or Jerry.

If your gonna play ya gotta pay. Get over it!!!

Phil Stein

ROC Lucerne. BOTH at LDRS AND at monthly launches.
Jerry

Huh? He did already. Fully.
I wasn't there so, I couldn't have seen it. There's nothing in my copy of the TRA Bylaws about either of you.
Phil
wrote:

Phil Stein

NOW THERE IS SOMETHING I WOULD PAY TO SEE! Jerry Irvine flying high power at LDRS. Hey Jerry whats your cert. level. Bet we can help you get to Level three at LDRS. :-)
Dennis

Uno.
I could cert 2 and 3 but whos motors would I use? NOT Kosdon, errortech or AMW. That leaves CTI.

Jerry,
Here you go straight from the NAR web site for combined motor list.
LEVEL 2 LEVEL 3
Propulsion Polymers Hypertek
J-140 M-745
M-956 Ratt Works M-960FX
M-1000 K-240 M-1001
M-1010FX Ellis Mountain M-1015FX
M-1040FX J-270 J-330 Ellis Mountain L-330 L-600 M-1000
Hypertech Cessaroni
M-2505 J-115 O-5100 J-120 J-150 J-170 J-190FX J-220 J-250 J-270FX J-295FX J-317 J-330FX L-200 L-225 L-350 L355FX L-475 l-535FX L-540 L-550 L-570FX L-575 L-610FX L-625FX L-740FX L-970
Cessaroni
J-210 J-280 J-285 J-295 J-300 J-330 J-360 J-380 J-400 K-445 K-530 K-570 K-575 K-650 K-660 L-890 L-1090
Dennis

I'll pay for insurance if it covers me. I don't think this does.
I'm sure they'll be happy to negotiate a special deal for you. Contact Bruce Kelly to discuss it. ;-)
Phil Stein
On 26 Dec 2003 20:55:53 -0600, kaplow snipped-for-privacy@encompasserve.org.TRABoD (Bob Kaplow) wrote:

Phil Stein
writes:

accept my

power
rules is

2004".
Dual
we
http://nira-rocketry.org/LeadingEdge/Phantom4000.pdf
www.nar.org
http://www.space-rockets.com/congress.html
The Bowling Ball Loft is not an official TRA event, it is controlled by AHPRA.
I wrote the rules and on http://www.ahpra.org/bbloft.htm it states,
"All entrants must be members in good standing of Tripoli."
Interpret this as you see fit, but is not aimed at anyone personally. And it is not going to be changed.
Mark
writes:

participate
if