Warley?

Possibly a bit early, but I believe there is a big model railway show at the NEC in Birmingham in December.
Could someone who has details please post a link to a website that covers it
as I'd like to go this year?
--
Brian

http://www.warley-mrc.org.uk/exhibition.htm Has all the details

Thank you.
:-)
--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"
On Wed, 29 Sep 2004 07:35:39 +0100, Brian Watson wrote:

Correct
http://www.warley-mrc.org.uk /
HTH :-)
--
Mikey K
Pembrokeshire, Wales

Hear Hear!!

covers

I've been going on the Sunday for the last seven years and find that the event quietens down a lot during the afternoon, so comfortable viewing of layouts *is* possible! As for sales stands, a little patience and perseverence always pays off, especially last year when I managed to buy a few hundred quids worth of new models (including Hornby 50s and Heljan 47s and a 35) during the Sunday afternoon!
Cheers, John.
Well said Matt it;s like a cattle market except we are the cattle.
The best part of the day is to get to the Bachmann stand at 10.15 am on the Saturday and watch the Bun fight 3 to 4 deep on the Bachmann stand cash in one sweaty hand and a Bachmann Loco in the other all of them trying to through the cash at the Bachmann staff. :o))
When the Advanced tickets went in at 9 30am 1/2 an hour before the main rush at 10 am I saw 3 near "punch ups" start, it;s worth the 8.50 to see grown men acting like Idiots oh yes don't forget the parking at I think it was 6.50 .
No sorry not for me !!!! I have been going for 4 years now and last year was the last!!!!
All the best Steve.

the
6.50?!?
Most events there park free.
Cheaper to park one station away and arrive by rail if that is so.
--
Brian

On or about 2004-09-30,

Hi Brian!

I seriously doubt that. Parking has been paid and similarly expensive at all the Warley shows I've been to there. I've not been to many other events there, but (except for exhibitors) I'm sure parking has long been charged at the NEC. Exhibitors' parking is of course normally rolled into the fee they pay. Possibly there are some exhibitions which pay the NEC more to allow free parking, but I've not heard of that.

That sounds like a good idea.
--
Mark
Real email address | Experience is something you don't get

Hi Mark.

Gardener's World - free.
Intl Spring Gift Fair - free
Intl Autumn Gift Fair - free
GLEE - a show for the garden trade - free.

Then they are taking the piss BIG TIME.

I'm good at good ideas ... sometimes.
--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"
This is on the Warley Web site http://www.warley-mrc.org.uk/exhibition.htm on the bottom of there Exhibition page
Quote ("Note that car parking will be charged by the NEC at their standard rate, currently 7 per car - a free shuttle bus runs to/from the car parks.") unquote
I see it has gone up 50p to 7.00 per car
And yes Brian in your words (Then they are taking the piss BIG TIME.)
All the best lads Steve
.
illuminated us with:

In that case it would be a little cheaper to park at the Birmingham Intl rail station and walk over the bridge into the NEC.
Any idea which hall it's to be held in?
--
Brian
"Hot NEC Tips 'R Us"

Hall 1. See http://www.warley-mrc.org.uk/exhibition.htm .
Cheers, John.

OK, thanks.
--
Brian

How do you manage that? I have *always* had to pay the NEC's exhorbitant parking charges. The event is irrelevant as far as I can see - you have to get a ticket separately from the event you're attending.

Useful to know. More details and directions please! (in case I do go at the last minute!)
--
Paul Boyd
http://www.paul-boyd.co.uk /

the
Marston Green and Hampden In Arden are each one stop away from Birmingham International rail station.
http://makeashorterlink.com/?E2AE13A69
I wonder how much parking is at *any* of the three?
If it's cheap to park at Birmingham Intl itself, one could just walk up and over the bridge to the NEC.......
--
Brian

the
From Birmingham Airport's site:
"The long stay surface car parks have a much simpler pricing system." (than the Short Stay ones) "The cost is 5.30 for any time up to four hours, making it more cost-effective than stays at the short stay car park of longer than two hours. For stays of over 4 hours and up to 24 hours, the cost is 6.90, which is a major difference from the short stay car park. For each day over 24 hours, the cost is 6.90 per day.
Not much good ... but .... from the second table down in http://www.birmingham.gov.uk/GenerateContent?CONTENT_ITEM_ID9524&CONTENT_ITEM_TYPE=0&MENU_IDC9
it says that parking at Hampton in Arden (130 spaces) and Marston Green (95 spaces) is FREE.
Arrive early, buy a day return rail ticket to Birminham Intl just one stop away, and Robert's your father's brother.
--
Brian
Henry Fielding: "All Nature wears one universal grin"
Extortionate parking fees? Where in a major city could you park for 6.50/day which includes a shuttle bus to the exhibition? Park at the station for 5 and walk.
Peter Bridge
Hi Peter.
("Extortionate parking fees? Where in a major city could you park for 6.50/day)"
It,s not in the city it's on its own purpose-built site!!!
It's not 6.50 it's now 7.00 and as for the shuttle bus to the exhibition it is Quicker to walk, (HA HA ) but you are still not going to get me there this year !!
All the best Steve.