Very sorry to hear it

Just wanted to say how sorry we all are here that your country has again been the target of these scum.

Steve

Reply to
mindesign

That sentiment is heartily echoed by this US citizen. Seems to me that in both your country and mine, as well as anywhere else we can, we need to go after those fanatic clerics who preach this sort of violence.

Reply to
lgb

At Thu, 7 Jul 2005 09:42:37 -0700, message was posted by lgb , including some, all or none of the following:

And how about the fanatic clerics who are responsible for preaching in favour of the invasion of Iraq, which has evidently stirred up the hornets' nest?

Oh, wait, those are *our* fanatics. As you were, then.

Guy

Reply to
Just zis Guy, you know?

An Army colleague tells me things are gradually getting back to normal in Iraq. He's currently serving as a tail-gunner on a milk float.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

The message from "kim" contains these words:

Did his basic training in Liverpool?

Reply to
David Jackson

"Mike Hughes" wrote

Well said!

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Well I'm "bloody angry" with Blair and his cronies for getting us into this. And when that police chap on telly was talking about terrorising innocent men women and children, was he referring to the RAF pilots in Iraq?

Ken.

Reply to
Ken Parkes

If you're going to introduce politics to this ng, then let me point out that your two countries are occupying the homeland of those "scum". You've been a party to the bombing/bombardment of their homes, businesses, schools, hospitals etc etc and you're now into your third year of maintaining martial law under foreign occupation.

OTOH, my condolences to those innocent people caught up in this horrible warfare in London and the ME.

Regards, Greg.P.

lgb wrote:

Reply to
Greg Procter

We've heard what terrorists don't understand well ...

... in all probability (baring in mind that at the moment it is only speculation that the murderers were indeed muslim terrorists) they were born here, raised here, educated here whilst their leaders sat protected by British laws that have made it unlawful to criticise people who espouse murder on racial or religious grounds.

... and that's what most Brits have difficulty understanding.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

"Greg Procter" wrote OTOH, my condolences to those innocent people caught up in this horrible warfare in London and the ME.

Regards, Greg.P.

As a Nottinghamshire resident for 28+ years.... Who or what is the ME ? This is a term I have not come across before but seem to be the only one (or first) that does not know what it means? Is it a shortening of the Metropolitan or summat?

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

I think he means the Middle East.

ROB

Reply to
Robert Flint

I can understand the difficulty in understanding, but you (Brits) seem to understand well enough to vote back in a leader who has your military forces in the ME who are occupying and repressing the local population and who were, not so very long ago bombarding cities.

BTW, it's quite likely that my sister, and separately my parents, are in London at this very moment.

My sympathies are with all individuals caught up in these terrible actions, but certainly not with Britain as a whole.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

ME = Middle East (from here in NZ it should be the Middle West, but never mind)

Reply to
Greg Procter

"> "Greg Procter" wrote

ME = Middle East (from here in NZ it should be the Middle West, but never mind)

Thanks Greg... It was with it being in the same term that I thought it may have been a wider reference to London's communing area - never thought of the Middle East ! (Doh!)

I understand your other comments. Geoff Hoon (defence secretary at the time of the invasion) is my local MP - but not through my choice anymore ! (G.Hoon - Goon !)

Andy

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Some of the local population would probably prefer to be repressed by the previous administration (because they were part of it) but quite a few probably prefer the new lot.

Reply to
Bruce Fletcher

You appear to be under the misapprehension that they are in some way linked ... before jumping down my thought it may be worth remembering that in Iraq a progressive (for the region) secular leader was overthrown with the result that the religious fanatics are now in a position to take control. You may also care to remember that the attacks on the west began in quantity a considerable time before Iraq and it is also worth remembering that Saddam was an implacable enemy of the current Saudi backed terrorism.

Not that any of this justifies the invasion of Iraq, they are though two entirely different subjects.

The only reason that the UK has so far avoided 911/Bali/Somali style attacks is that the UK was and remains a safe haven for muslim terrorists, yet another law has only just been passed making muslims a protected group. The fact that the UK is now under attack simply illustrates that 30 years of appeasment hasn't worked and the muslims now feel strong enough to attack with impunity.

Still that's all by the by ... shouldn't be posted here, I shall return to my usual haunts on the political newsgroups.

As it happens I'm inn a position to assist if you remain concerned about them overnight drop me a mail before you go to bed and I'll check with the CB for you.

Reply to
Chris Wilson

We're all allowed a "Dohh!" a week without penalty ;-) (aside from on roadways, railway lines and while using machinery)

Ahh well, all Iraqis are terrorists - all Brits are GWB brown nosers! (no, I don't believe that at all)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Gee, what a choice; the devil or the deep blue sea/out of the frying pan into the fire etc. Has anyone actually asked them who they want blowing them up/shooting them today?

Reply to
Greg Procter

"Greg Procter" wrote Ahh well, all Iraqis are terrorists - all Brits are GWB brown nosers! (no, I don't believe that at all)

Regards, Greg.P.

Should I resemble that remark ? Oh the wonderful language barrier ! :-) What's GWB ? (Sorry, its been a long day in a Police communications room for me - and its now getting late in the UK - well, for some anyroad up!)

Andy :-)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

Sure, it's an assumption, but, just how long is your list of people who want to blow you up?

Sure, but that was an obvious posibility at the start of your illegal invasion.

Do please check out when Britain first became embroiled in the ME (some time in the 1800s, from memory) - did the attacks on Britain predate that?

Is that a pro or a con?

In my opinion that ended circa 24 hours ago.

Sister: Karin Challender. Due back in NZ 12/7, enroute from Greece, but I don't have an itinerary. I assume she will spend some days in London. Parents: Leslie Coor and (Gloria) June Procter.(aged 87 and 85) Due back in NZ 19/7, enroute from Greece, but I don't have an itinerary. I assume they will spend some days/weeks in London, Bradford etc. Date in Britain dependent on Greek weather.

Many thanks, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter