Very sorry to hear it

George W. Bush - the bloke in the brown suit and pale blue tie standing next to Blair. At least you Brits have a bit more colour sense!!!! ;-)

"... anyroad up"? (that language barrier again!)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Not mine, if you're *that* interested do a search on the various uk political groups esp uk.politics.misc (up until about 18 months ago) for "dormouse" and the legal groups esp uk.legal and uk.legal.moderated again for "dormouse" and later "Periander"

No Probs, will be done about 10am GMT, does your email work?

Same for any more of the *regulars* I'm more than happy to check the CB lists if you're worried, mail me, (and ail me again b4 9am if your worries are resolved in the meantime).

Reply to
Chris Wilson

"Greg Procter" wrote

"... anyroad up"? (that language barrier again!)

Greg.P.

Well, we all say "Ay up me duck" (how are you?) around here, so many people think - Anyroad up is a local slang(possibly originating from the coal miners talk etc) for "anyway".

How about, "Ay up yoth, a wod in yer ear" ?

As for colours, well, Gods wonderful railway gave us Brunswick green and BR gave us large logo blue.... Yeah, maybe GWB does lack some colour sense (or should that be color?)

Andy :-)

Reply to
Andy Sollis- Churnet Valley model Railway Dept.

"Greg Procter" wrote

Have you ever thought that we voted in a government (not a leader) because we believe that government will offer the best opportunity for social justice, good quality education and health care than the alternatives. The war in Iraq was only one issue.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

With the greatest respect, the general election was not fought on the issue of the presence of British forces in the Middle East. If there had ben a separate referendum on the subject I have no doubt there would have been a huge majority in favour of a withdrawal of British forces from the area but that is not how British general elections are conducted.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Thanks very much, and yes, it works!

Reply to
Greg Procter

No problem with that one - I went to school with many UK escapees so I'm reasonably cognisant with a number English dialects. :-)

If he lacks it then it doesn't matter how it is spelt, he doesn't have it.

Greg.P. NZ.

Reply to
Greg Procter

It's an issue that has come back and bitten you, but sure, I understand what passes for "democracy" these days. Here in NZ I can still go and thump my MP's desk on Saturday mornings. :-)

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

When you stuff your ballot paper in the slot (or however you do it there) you are effectively accepting the outcome of the process. You've handed your say to your representative and thence to your government. Every bullet fired by a Brit soldier is done in your name, every car or house searched is done in your name. It's tough, but that's reality. It's also the same for me in NZ.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter

That's fine by me. I would rather they weren't there in the first place but while they are there they have my full support. As a result of Thursday's events there is now far less chance of a withdrawal than there was before. It's what we call an 'own goal' by the enemy.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

Are you supporting them as individuals, or as a UK government force assisting the US to steal Iraq's oil?

Sure, we went through this sort of thing decades ago with Vietnam - the "home goals" are good for polarizing people's thoughts on why you're there.

Reply to
Greg Procter

Don't give a rats if anyone likes Blair or not. But his response to these people should have been to stand in front of films of the blitz. That certainly didnt break the British, so unlikely these retards will.

New York, Madrid, Bali, now London... I wonder. If it is ever established that another country is behind this, maybe the radioactive glassy slag option is called for.

Steve

Reply to
Steve Magee

"Steve Magee" wrote

And he'd have been criticised by the media (and probably the Tories) for doing that.

I think Blair handled himself and this issue extremely well.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

"Greg Procter" wrote

We've been bitten by terrorism for donkeys years (don't forget the IRA for starters) and it's very easy to sit and be critical from the other side of the world where politicians have little more to worry about other than outcome of this year's sheep shearing contests. ;-)

Incidentally we can still get to meet our MPs (and bang on their desks not that such behaviour would be much use) - most hold regular surgeries in their constituencies.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Reply to
44211

Which homeland is that? A good number of the 9/11 terrorists were Saudi. How many of the terrorists are Iraqi?

MBQ

Reply to
manatbandq

I would rather US Forces weren't there either but as long as they stay I support them too. I would also sipport New Zealand in any war regardless of whether I thought they were right or wrong.

Many of those who would have preferred a withdrawal of British Forces will now be against as a result of yesterday's incident. That is not a 'polarizing' of people's attitudes, it is a root change.

(kim)

Reply to
kim

'We' also voted for a government which promised a referendum on the subject of Britain's membership of the EU but we didn't get one!

(kim)

Reply to
kim

"kim" wrote

Agreed on both scores, Britain owes the ANZAC nations and many other countries from the former colonies a real debt of gratitude for their support in previous conflicts.

John.

Reply to
John Turner

In message , kim writes

That's because at the moment holding a referendum would be a complete waste of time, and therefore money.

You can't be a very good businessman if you are so keen to waste money.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan