14 Mar - Kidderminster WCML 1909 - 2009 Forum (Event advert)

As part of the SLS Centenary Year Celebrations we have this Saturday A Premier Society Centenary Talk; at 14:15 in Kidderminster Railway Museum adj Kidderminster SVR Station.

Speakers include: Edward Talbot (SLS), leading LNWR historian on 'The Premier Line in 1909', and leading speakers from the present-day railway industry: Tony Roche, SLS Vice-President, consultant, former BR Board member and leader of the HST design team; Gary Hambling, Fleet Manager, Virgin Trains; and Neil Harwood, Engineering Director, Alstom Trains UK on 'The West Coast Main Line today and tomorrow'

This is a one off and not to be missed event for anyone interested in the West Coast Main Line over the last century. I would not normally advertise our events in this way; and with such short notice, however I have discovered that some (ALL?) magazines have printed a wrong description for Saturday's meeting and with the calibre of speakers at the forum it does justify the extra publicity. Further details about the venue, contact numbers etc here

John New

3 hundred pages on the G2 and its family !

Cheers, Simon

Reply to
simon

As part of the SLS Centenary Year Celebrations we have this Saturday A Premier Society Centenary Talk; at 14:00 in Kidderminster Railway Museum adj Kidderminster SVR Station.

Speakers include: Edward Talbot (SLS), leading LNWR historian on 'The Premier Line in 1909', and leading speakers from the present-day railway industry: Tony Roche, SLS Vice-President, consultant, former BR Board member and leader of the HST design team; Gary Hambling, Fleet Manager, Virgin Trains; and Neil Harwood, Engineering Director, Alstom Trains UK on 'The West Coast Main Line today and tomorrow'

This is a one off and not to be missed event for anyone interested in the West Coast Main Line over the last century. I would not normally advertise our events in this way; and with such short notice, however I have discovered that some (ALL?) magazines have printed a wrong description for Saturday's meeting and with the calibre of speakers at the forum it does justify the extra publicity. Further details about the venue, contact numbers etc here

NB - If this appears twice my apologies - first send appeared to crash on sending as I got a mailbox error message from my ISP..

Reply to
John New

I don't know if you will ever return to this thread. But just in case,

It is now general knowledge that this newsgroup was set up by the government to plug the gaps created by the abysmal failure of their Psychiatric Care in the Community Policy. The uk.local hierarchy was devised to provide an outlet for individuals who would otherwise spending their days sitting at home wearing an aluminium foil hat waiting for a full moon to rise. It was hoped that this would reduce the incidence of nutters out there howling at the moon and frightening the shit out of their neighbours. Another of HMGs aims and objectives was to provide a distraction to take their minds of the problem of who they were going to knife to death next. Unfortunately, this group has been taken over by the articulate lower middle classes who have succeeding in driving HMGs target audience away.Independant research has shown that it was the amount and quality of the inane drivel, called small talk which the middle classes are adept at, which had the effect of doing their heads in. They left to protect what was left of their sanity. Saddly this has happened to the whole of uk.local. hierarchy.

This newsgroup is a very good example of another HMG failure.

Reply to
Rony

Was there any point to that Rony? Looked like a perfectly acceptable post to me, and I suspect those of us who are within easy access of Kidderminster may well be interested ... and correcting a mistake somewhere else is an extra reason?

Reply to
Lester Caine

My first post has now appeared - nearly 14 hours after sending yesterday and a long time after other later dated new post entries were visible. It was not my intention to hog the boards so profuse apologies.

John

Reply to
John New

Hog the boards!

They are empty! .

-------------------------------- "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."

James Madison, the fourth President of the United States (1809-1817 ).

--------------------------------

Reply to
Rony

"John New" wrote in message news:I0itl.27012$ snipped-for-privacy@newsfe30.ams...

: : NB - If this appears twice my apologies - first send appeared to crash on : sending as I got a mailbox error message from my ISP.. :

Clueless, cross-posting, f****it

FUS

Reply to
Jerry

It's on-topic for all the groups in the cross-post, and accidental double-posting is the sort of thing that can happen to anyone if their ISP misbehaves. So why do you feel the need to sound off about it as if it's some kind of heinous crime?

Mark

-- Blog:

Mark Goodge
[ gratuitous cross-posting cut ]

F*ck all left to reply too

Reply to
Jerry

So after a break from newsgroup usage for 18 months or so because of the anti-social antics (trolling?) of some posters I try again. Either my software or the ISP's news server is flaky making the technical side iffy and then some utter idiot takes exception to the wording of a post just because it was relevant to multiple groups so was cross-posted and he also added a totally off topic rant and contamninated the thread with foul language!

Is it surprising I gave up previously and am likely to give up again to retreat to the land of moderated fora. A thank you to the three repsonders who posted sensible responses but there are too many of the other type for me!.

Reply to
John New

You are most welcome. BTW, 'fora'; I'm seriously impressed! Has to be a first for this group.

Reply to
John Sullivan

In message , Mark Goodge writes

Because he's Jerry. Incidentally, those rude words he used were in reference to himself, but you were not to know that. We in uk.rec.models.rail have to put up with him every day, and some of us have well and truly plonked him in our bozo bins (aka kill-files). I suggest that if you feel that you are likely to receive more rubbish from his direction you might like to do the same.

As far as I am concerned, the original post was well on-topic for all three newsgroups; and duplicate posts are easily forgiven when the reason (a seemingly non-reaction from one's ISP) is given.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

Never heard of killfiles ?? Or Filters ??

Reply to
Wim van Bemmel

Killfiles don't catch followups quoting him. And in any case, whereas I don't want Jerry, I want what other people say, and filtering out any post that contains a quote from a Jerry post loses too much.

Reply to
Jane Sullivan

: Just stop trying to ram them down everyone else's throats, : and you may get a little more respect.

Pot trying to call the kettle black...

Reply to
Jerry