14 Mar - Kidderminster WCML 1909 - 2009 Forum (Event advert)

As part of the SLS Centenary Year Celebrations we have this Saturday A Premier Society Centenary Talk; at 14:15 in Kidderminster Railway Museum adj
Kidderminster SVR Station.
Speakers include: Edward Talbot (SLS), leading LNWR historian on 'The Premier Line in 1909', and leading speakers from the present-day railway industry: Tony Roche, SLS Vice-President, consultant, former BR Board member and leader of the HST design team; Gary Hambling, Fleet Manager, Virgin Trains; and Neil Harwood, Engineering Director, Alstom Trains UK on 'The West Coast Main Line today and tomorrow'
This is a one off and not to be missed event for anyone interested in the West Coast Main Line over the last century. I would not normally advertise our events in this way; and with such short notice, however I have discovered that some (ALL?) magazines have printed a wrong description for Saturday's meeting and with the calibre of speakers at the forum it does justify the extra publicity. Further details about the venue, contact numbers etc here http://www.stephensonloco.org.uk/SLSmeetings_dates.htm#linkkidder

Wish I could - Edward Talbot, now theres an author I'd like to meet. Nearly 3 hundred pages on the G2 and its family !
Cheers, Simon
As part of the SLS Centenary Year Celebrations we have this Saturday A Premier Society Centenary Talk; at 14:00 in Kidderminster Railway Museum adj Kidderminster SVR Station.
[...]
NB - If this appears twice my apologies - first send appeared to crash on sending as I got a mailbox error message from my ISP..
On Mon, 9 Mar 2009 23:56:25 -0000, "John New"

I don't know if you will ever return to this thread. But just in case,
It is now general knowledge that this newsgroup was set up by the government to plug the gaps created by the abysmal failure of their Psychiatric Care in the Community Policy. The uk.local hierarchy was devised to provide an outlet for individuals who would otherwise spending their days sitting at home wearing an aluminium foil hat waiting for a full moon to rise. It was hoped that this would reduce the incidence of nutters out there howling at the moon and frightening the shit out of their neighbours. Another of HMGs aims and objectives was to provide a distraction to take their minds of the problem of who they were going to knife to death next. Unfortunately, this group has been taken over by the articulate lower middle classes who have succeeding in driving HMGs target audience away.Independant research has shown that it was the amount and quality of the inane drivel, called small talk which the middle classes are adept at, which had the effect of doing their heads in. They left to protect what was left of their sanity. Saddly this has happened to the whole of uk.local. hierarchy.
This newsgroup is a very good example of another HMG failure.
Rony wrote:

<Ranting snipped> Was there any point to that Rony? Looked like a perfectly acceptable post to me, and I suspect those of us who are within easy access of Kidderminster may well be interested ... and correcting a mistake somewhere else is an extra reason?
--
Lester Caine - G8HFL
-----------------------------

It's on-topic for all the groups in the cross-post, and accidental double-posting is the sort of thing that can happen to anyone if their ISP misbehaves. So why do you feel the need to sound off about it as if it's some kind of heinous crime?
Mark -- Blog: http://mark.goodge.co.uk Stuff: http://www.good-stuff.co.uk
[ gratuitous cross-posting cut ]
<Snip yet more trolling....>
F*ck all left to reply too

Because he's Jerry. Incidentally, those rude words he used were in reference to himself, but you were not to know that. We in uk.rec.models.rail have to put up with him every day, and some of us have well and truly plonked him in our bozo bins (aka kill-files). I suggest that if you feel that you are likely to receive more rubbish from his direction you might like to do the same.
As far as I am concerned, the original post was well on-topic for all three newsgroups; and duplicate posts are easily forgiven when the reason (a seemingly non-reaction from one's ISP) is given.

--
Jane
British OO, American and Australian HO, and DCC in the garden

Hog the boards!
They are empty! .
-------------------------------- "I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments by those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.... The means of defense against foreign danger historically have become the instruments of tyranny at home."
James Madison, the fourth President of the United States (1809-1817 ). --------------------------------
So after a break from newsgroup usage for 18 months or so because of the anti-social antics (trolling?) of some posters I try again. Either my software or the ISP's news server is flaky making the technical side iffy and then some utter idiot takes exception to the wording of a post just because it was relevant to multiple groups so was cross-posted and he also added a totally off topic rant and contamninated the thread with foul language!
Is it surprising I gave up previously and am likely to give up again to retreat to the land of moderated fora. A thank you to the three repsonders who posted sensible responses but there are too many of the other type for me!.

You are most welcome. BTW, 'fora'; I'm seriously impressed! Has to be a first for this group.
On Tue, 10 Mar 2009 23:46:40 +0000, Jane Sullivan wrote:

Never heard of killfiles ?? Or Filters ??
--
Groet, salut, Wim.

Killfiles don't catch followups quoting him. And in any case, whereas I don't want Jerry, I want what other people say, and filtering out any post that contains a quote from a Jerry post loses too much.
--
Jane
British OO, American and Australian HO, and DCC in the garden
<snip>
: Just stop trying to ram them down everyone else's throats, : and you may get a little more respect.
Pot trying to call the kettle black...