Very sorry to hear it

Nice to see that good old, backs to the wall, stiff upper lip, smile in the face of impossible odds, British sense of humour still prevails. You thinking of exhuming Don Revie & some of his lads then John?

Norman

Reply to
Norman

"Norman" wrote

  1. Sprake
  2. Reaney
  3. Cooper
  4. Bremner
  5. Charlton
  6. Hunter
  7. Lorrimer
  8. Clarke
  9. Jones (M)
  10. Giles
  11. Johanneson

would do me! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

Then they could be beaten again by Chelsea, just like the old days :-)

Kevin Martin

Reply to
Kevin Martin

But they let the biggest jewel of all slip through their fingers, Brian Clough OBE R.I.P.

How he wasn't knighted during his lifetime rremains a mystery and a scandal when you consider the quality of some of the people who have been.

ROB

(A very disgruntled Forest fan)

Reply to
Robert Flint

"Kevin Martin" wrote

Didn't happen too often. I remember standing behind the goal at the kop end when Leeds beat Chelsea 7-1 and Bremner scored a fantastic goal with an overhead 'bicycle' kick, but on the down side was a Villa Park when Leeds lost 0-1 to Chelsea in an FA Cup semi - and the ref disallowed a Lorrimer 'hot shot' in the 88th minute which nearly bust the back of the net - disallowed because Chelsea encroached within 10yards! ;-)

John.

Reply to
John Turner

I'm surprised the Argentineans, Spanish, French (well Normans) and many others haven't thought about blowing themselves up on the London tube in retaliation for how nasty we are at persisting to suppress part of their Sovereign land? The Irish have already done it (well a London bus) and now the suppressed Muslim minority of this island of ours.

Meanwhile as "I" am directly responsible for invading all these countries I have a suggestion for my mate TB in No10:

"Dear Tony,

Have you ever thought of invading New Zealand? They might not have any oil but I'm partial to a lamb chop so if you would be so kind as to send in a regiment or two to invade the islands and suppress the pesky locals in order to maintain the availability of such Sunday lunch delights.

Ta very much,

A.N.Other-Voter"

Reply to
Lost Control

Actually we have quite a lot of oil!

All you have to do is order some lamb chops - we would gladly supply - you have, via the EU, set very low limits on the quantity of lamb chops we can send you, to the point where in the 1970s/80s we were forced to trade sheep for oil with Saddam and since then have both diversified our markets and reduced production of lamb/sheep products to about 1/3rd of the level when we used to sell such things to you. To be honest, you've rather pissed us off, especially as you keep invading/bombing/marginalizing our alternative markets.

Regards, Greg.P.

Reply to
Greg Procter