Sorry to say, but it had to happen eventually

8 people were killed and 12 were seriously injured in a San Bernardino offroad race when one of the cars crashed and went into the crowd.

"The crowd was standing within 10 feet of the track with no guard rails separating them from the speeding vehicles". AP Writer

I have seen a lot of videos of crashes all over the world, and wondered when one of these would happen. I think there are times when the crowds are so close, particularly in some foreign countries where they run over road courses, that a death toll of 50-100 would be possible.

I have been to these races, and they are exciting to watch. At the first one, a dirt race truck kicked out a softball size rock that went about five feet over my head. I was fairly close to the track. Ever since, I pick my looking spots with safety in mind.

Condolences to families and friends.

Steve

visit my blog at

Steve B

This has happened repeatedly on the various California "Baha" runs.

JC

Reply to
John R. Carroll
[...]

Robert Swinney
[...]

Sorry for multiple posts! Maybe the 3rd one will be the charm. All I meant to say was, "airshow de'javu"

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney